Passed 70-271 + Info on Exam

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Forrest Greenberg, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. Passed my first MCDST exam today (070-271). My score was
    850, so I think I did rather well.

    Since I have read alot of posts on here, will try to put
    all the things that I generally see people ask about the
    exam and the study materials I used, and the IT background
    I come from.

    I have mainly done Customer Service work for about the
    last 10 years. Internet connections, and supporting
    JPMorgan Chase's Online Banking platform. After I lost my
    job in 8/2004, I started to study for my Certifications.

    Started with my A+ Cert. Study material was an online web
    course that I had signed up for. They had instructor video
    classes, and electronic based reading material. Barely
    passed both exams, would have been better off just getting
    any recommended A+ Study book.

    For the MCDST exams, I also used some of the online web
    courses, but they were even more useless than the ones for
    the A+ exam. I did buy both Microsoft Self-Paced Training
    Kits (Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft
    Windows XP Operating System & Supporting Users and
    Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft
    Windows XP Operating System). Only studied the material in
    the first book for the exam.

    The book came with a CD that had practice tests powered by
    MeasureUp. 130 Objective Review questions, and 300
    Practice Test questions. Going through the study mode,
    with all questions selected was a VERY big help.

    As for the exam itself, 64 questions on a 2 1/2 hour time
    limit. I got alot of questions about Sharing, some
    Security and Network Connections issues. Lots of other
    little things thrown in, but those were the main topics on
    my exam.

    Good luck to everyone else out there that is studying to
    take this exam. I think it was much harder than the A+
    tests, regardless of some of the posts I have seen on
    here.

    Forrest

    Forrest Greenberg, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Forrest Greenberg

    Guest

    It never ends! Very important additional information, you
    will find useful:

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessments are very important to
    Certified Professionals

    Organizations now require certified professionals take
    these assessments to verify their currency with today's
    technology. Microsoft Skills Assessment Support
    Information (SASI) is especially useful for certified
    professionals who require basic support that mitigates
    urgent assessment needs quickly. Whether YOU are a
    Microsoft ® Certified Professional or just getting
    started, these SASI assessments are for you.

    Microsoft ® Skills Assessment Address:
    Microsoft ® Evaluation Address:
    http://disnetinc.com/Microsoft_Evaluation.htm

    Microsoft Administrator