    I passed 70-229 this morning with a score of 815.
    Transcendor practice tests and BrainDumpCentral.com were
    my best sources for studying.
    Sharon, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Sharon wrote:
    > I passed 70-229 this morning with a score of 815.
    > Transcendor practice tests and BrainDumpCentral.com were
    > my best sources for studying.

    You must be so proud of yourself. Not just anyone can memorize the
    answers to questions.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Cheers for passing the exam.

    Jeers for cheating through the use of brain dumps.

    You are better than that now, Sharon, aren't you?

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    I was just trying to offer some advice to those out there
    studying for 70-229. I didn't just memorize the answers to
    questions. I have been studying for this exam for 7-8
    months and do understand the material. I used a wide
    variety of practice test but those 2 were the best.

    Sharon, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Hi.

    How can you consider a brain dump (a compilation of actual questions and
    answers learned and recorded by those who have taken the real exam) as a
    study tool? You don't consider this cheating? Would you consider this a
    legitimate method for passing classes to earn a college degree? Granted,
    these are industry certifications - not degrees, but at some schools a
    passed Microsoft certification exam (not just any exam) can be used as
    college credits.

    I truly believe you studied hard for the exam, but I (and I'm not alone
    here) also strongly discourage folks from using brain dumps as study
    materials.

    Good luck in your pursuit of MCAD.

    Davin Mickelson, MCSD.NET, MCSA

    Davin Mickelson, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Sharon

    |{evin Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:00:37 -0800, "Sharon"
    <> wrote:

    >I was just trying to offer some advice to those out there
    >studying for 70-229. I didn't just memorize the answers to
    >questions. I have been studying for this exam for 7-8
    >months and do understand the material. I used a wide
    >variety of practice test but those 2 were the best.

    Well, no shit. They were the exact questions and answers.
    |{evin, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Sharon

    Alan Guest

    I am also intending to sit the exam but add my 20 cents idea:
    MCSE/MCDBA is an EXAM, in order to pass an EXAM, you need to practise the
    sample questions as much as you can. There is no way to discourage other
    people to use the tools that may help you to pass the EXAM. It is the same
    as you practise your job interview before you go to your job interview, are
    you cheating ?

    This is different from to become a PROFESSIONAL. To be a professional, we
    should have deep understanding of the technology by reading and practising
    the technology. Read thro' the books on line, documentation, books,
    articles.

    And practising the sample questions is one good way to understand the
    technology as you need to find the answers of those questions.

    Take an example, when you are doing your degree in university:
    During the semester, you are working hard and study hard, read all the
    materials and books about the subject, however, you may only study the area
    of the subject near the year end exam or test in which the lecturer told you
    to study. This is the tips the lecturer gave you. Chapter 1 to 10 in the
    mid-year exam, chapter 11 - 20 in the final year-exam. Are you cheating ?

    Alan, Nov 20, 2003