    Need to brush up on using SQL Profiler, but I was glad to get out of there with the score.
    Next up is 70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components Development.

    --Lenny

    Leonard Martin, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Congrats Lenny, well done. I was planning to take 70-229 in January, but I am
    wondering if I should wait since the release of SQL Server 2005. Your input
    is very appreciated.

    I will be taking 70-320 before the end of the month to complete my MCAD. I
    am also studying on my own, it takes quite a bit of time but I believe that
    is the right way to properly learn the material.

    Good luck on your future exams.

    Karim

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWthcmlt?=, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Leonard Martin

    Charles Guest

    Congrats on your 70-229 good score. I'm planning on taking the exam next
    year. Just wondering..
    Do you have a lot of practical experience with SQL Server 2000 and did you
    use any test simulations (eg. Transcender, SelfTestSoftware,..)

    Charles, Dec 9, 2005
  4. I had three 6-9 month contracts dealing with SQL Server 2000. However, only
    one of those experiences resulted in an opportunity to design and implement
    a relational database. Still, I had never used statistics, dbcc commands,
    instead of triggers, user defined functions, SQL Profiler/ Index Tuning
    Wizard etc... I only used the well known stored procedures and integrity
    features. Now I feel like a complete developer.

    Anyway, No transcender or self tests.

    I used the Sybex book and also took SQL Server 7 exam, but failed it twice.
    I think failing helped a lot, although this is a painful way to pass exams.

    There are very good online sources of practice exams if you need them, *** I
    can not recommend one for you ***. But, trust me, if you look you can find
    exactly what you need. Then you'll become a certification king!

    Good luck

    Lenny
    Leonard Martin

    Information Tech: Microsoft .Net, CompTIA A+
    Pennsylvania: Life, Health, Annuities, Loans, Mortgages

    Leonard Martin, Dec 11, 2005
  5. I am waiting.

    I am MCAD and I have decided not to learn what is now basically legacy
    technology to get MCSD.

    Plus there is some confusion that MS has not answered on regarding the path
    from MCSD to MCPD:Enterprise. Namely its fine you can take two upgrade exams
    but what if you are currently MCSD.Net and you want to be MCPD:Win....now
    what!?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Dec 23, 2005