    Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
    210 compare - is it as hard?

    Mark

    Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\), Jun 25, 2004

  2. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Mark (Wellingtion NZ)" <> wrote in
    message news:2159001c45a86$4bedf520$...
    > Got 820 - Second time lucky - first time tried to do out
    > of a book and paid the price!
    > Only one question on subnetting, which was a surprise,
    > but had at least 6 on GPO which was nasty.
    >
    > Haven't posted before but, thought I'd say thanks, as got
    > some useful feed back from others here.
    >
    > Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
    > 210 compare - is it as hard?

    Congratulations on passing. You say the first time you "tried to do out of a
    book", what materials did you use this time to help you pass? As for your
    question, 70-215 and 70-210 are very similar and I would attempt it next.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    Neil Guest

    "Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)" <> wrote in

    > Now I that I have my first one under my belt, how does 70
    > 210 compare - is it as hard?

    210 is easy.....but different...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    Mark Guest

    certifiable.

    >.

    Initially used the MS Press 70 215 2nd book - but its
    practice tests where useless and gave me unrealistic
    expectations. - also book was out of date in terms of
    subnetting etc.

    Built a home lab which was the key & used the online MS
    resources a lot more. Also did some more realistic
    practice exams (mesureup) - But that comes at a price.

    My work won't foot the bill for courses - so self study
    has to be the way.
    They want good /qualified staff but wont come to the
    party, but hey - it makes me more employable, and
    ultimately more determined!

    Mark

    Mark, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > Initially used the MS Press 70 215 2nd book - but its
    > practice tests where useless and gave me unrealistic
    > expectations. - also book was out of date in terms of
    > subnetting etc.
    >
    > Built a home lab which was the key & used the online MS
    > resources a lot more. Also did some more realistic
    > practice exams (mesureup) - But that comes at a price.
    >
    > My work won't foot the bill for courses - so self study
    > has to be the way.
    > They want good /qualified staff but wont come to the
    > party, but hey - it makes me more employable, and
    > ultimately more determined!
    >
    > Mark

    Sounds like you're on the right track. I've heard that the M$ Press books
    are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them out
    when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams. I'm using the Exam Cram
    books. They're pretty good but you will need combine them with other
    resources (I did waste the money on courses) to pass the exams. As far I
    test preparation software goes, I found that Self Test Software has the best
    product. What I like about them is the ability to remove question out of the
    pool once I've answered them correctly. Using the approach you've used so
    far, you should have no problem with self study.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    Neil Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > I've heard that the M$ Press books
    > are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them
    > out when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams

    ok, item 1 I don't mean to be picky but they aren't a "but" of a dry
    read.<grin>

    now then a bit of a dry read is an understatement. they are like reading
    encyclopedias. but they are amazing references. I might not suggest them
    as study guides (it helps to be concious to learn things) I will
    recommend them for your bookshelf down the road...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I've heard that the M$ Press books
    > > are very comprehensive but a but of a dry read. I'll probably try them
    > > out when it comes time to do my 2003 upgrade exams

    > ok, item 1 I don't mean to be picky but they aren't a "but" of a dry
    > read.<grin>

    Oops, typo. I meant they're a "butt" of a dry read.

    > now then a bit of a dry read is an understatement. they are like reading
    > encyclopedias. but they are amazing references. I might not suggest them
    > as study guides (it helps to be concious to learn things)

    Hmmm.... it helps to be concious to learn things.
    (Note to self: Quit guzzling beer while studying.)

    > I will
    > recommend them for your bookshelf down the road...

    Ohhh... THAT'S where my bookshelf went.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    > Ohhh... THAT'S where my bookshelf went.

    it might have gone looking for one "Don" to fall on top of...
    (just another posibility)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    > Hmmm.... it helps to be concious to learn things.
    > (Note to self: Quit guzzling beer while studying.)

    hey don't get carried away now...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    > Oops, typo. I meant they're a "butt" of a dry read.

    ok, now that makes sense

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  11. Mark \(Wellingtion NZ\)

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil <> wrote in message news:<Xns9515E58F23BE5neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248.16>...
    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Oops, typo. I meant they're a "butt" of a dry read.

    > ok, now that makes sense

    To avoid the butt of a dry read, try Sybex Mastering series,
    particularily ones written by Mark Minasi and his team. A pleasure to
    read.

    catwalker

    catwalker63, Jun 29, 2004