Passed 70-215 - concern over passing score

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Iain Foulds, May 7, 2004.

  1. Iain Foulds

    Iain Foulds Guest

    Hi all. Passed 70-215 this afternoon, though am a bit
    confused over the passing score, as was the lady at the
    test centre.
    I was under the impression that although the exams were
    geared towards the answers you provide in someway, the
    passing score required for all exams had been set at 700.
    This is what it has been for the other's I have done. Also,
    the guy that left as I went in to the exam had just done
    70-215 and needed 700 to pass. When I finished the exam and
    said I had passed, it stated I had only need 580 to pass.
    I'm a bit concerned that even though I scored over 700, how
    the passing score required could be so low.
    Could the questions have been geared towards the more
    difficult (they certainly didn't seem straight-forward and
    I thought I was pretty well prepared for it...) and so the
    required passing score was low? Could there have been a
    problem with the exam I sat and whom should I raise it with
    if there is...?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Iain Foulds, May 7, 2004

  2. Iain Foulds

    Paul Price Guest

    I am confused too.

    Happy though as I passed with 680. Passing score was 580. I
    would interested in knowing why.

    Paul Price

    Paul Price, May 7, 2004

  3. oo, lucky!

    Sartan Dragonbane, May 7, 2004
  4. Iain Foulds

    Brat Guest

    the old exam... the newer 2k3 (?) exams are 700... when I took 215 2 years
    ago the pass was 540 (?) if my memory serves me correct... or it could have
    been 580. Regardless... the OP was given an older exam, hence the lower
    scoring.

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat, May 8, 2004
  5. Iain Foulds

    Iain Foulds Guest

    >the old exam... the newer 2k3 (?) exams are 700... when I
    > took 215 2 years ago the pass was 540 (?) if my memory
    > serves me correct... or it could have been 580.
    > Regardless... the OP was given an older exam, hence the
    > lower scoring.

    Okay, cheers. Just wanted to make sure there hadn't been
    some kind of a problem and I end up getting an e-mail in a
    few days telling me the exam was void!
    On to 70-216 then...
    Iain Foulds, May 8, 2004
  6. Iain Foulds

    JaR Guest

    I know MS opined, On 5/10/04 11:46 AM:

    > The lower passing score are from the adaptive exams. More complicated questions and the passing scores were 550 - 695 depending on the test taken. When testing now there are two types of test the full and the adaptive. The full is 50 - 60 questions. The adaptive is 25 - 35.

    Sorry, you evidently DON'T know MS
    JaR, May 10, 2004
  7. Iain Foulds

    Alexus Guest

    Are they showing scores now
    Las summer they did not give you a score...
    Alexus, May 19, 2004
  8. Iain Foulds

    Neil Guest

    Neil, May 19, 2004
  9. Iain Foulds

    JaR Guest

    Alexus opined, On 5/18/04 5:21 PM:
    > Are they showing scores now?
    > Las summer they did not give you a score...

    Try to keep up. That was then, this is now...

    JaR
    Encouraging Thug
    JaR, May 19, 2004