Passed 3rd MCAD exam - conclusion

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Francis, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Francis

    Francis Guest

    Hi,

    I just passed the 3rd exam for MCAD. Here's my report:

    - Nov 2004: passed 70-305 with 848,
    prepared with Mike Gunderloys book (QUE)
    This book is great: full coverage (as I can judge),
    precise and clear explanations.

    - Two days ago: passed 70-306 with 850,
    prepared with MS Press Original Training (in German)
    This resource prepared me well. IMHO, it is just a bit
    too verbose, but it's good stuff.

    - Today: passed 70-310 with 820,
    prepared with Kenneth Linds book (Osborne)
    This book is astonishing bad. During preparation
    I repeatedly felt it "too easy" and today's exam
    committed this: there were so many things asked,
    that the book did not mention at all!
    But, I did not know that much about these exam's
    topics and passed using the book after one and a
    half day preparation. So, it can't be that bad.
    Before the exam, i attended the test exam of the
    book-CD and failed with a score of just 550!

    HTH,
    Francis
    Francis, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Francis

    sreejatha Guest

    Hi,

    How many papers we need to write to take MCAD.
    I am confused in reading this from the site,

    "If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core
    exam requirement, you may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-
    316 as an elective.

    If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam
    requirement, you may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as
    an elective."

    Is 70-305, 70-306,and 70-310 will make a path.

    Please Advice.
    Thank You,
    Sree

    sreejatha, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Yes. If you pass those exams you will get MCAD.
    You can check more here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    --
    Emanuel Ceciu