Passed 315

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Rahul, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Just passed 70-315 with 884.

    My Background:
    Have done just one 'proper' project in .NET and that too about writing
    a windows service. But that got me aquainted with .NET and syntax and
    all that. I was coding in java for more than a year (before February
    2003) but that was a very good groundwork for my concepts et al for
    C#. Afer that it was all ASP and SQL till beginning of 2004 when I
    picked up .NET

    Resources used:
    * The 'GOD' book - Amit kalani's
    * Microsoft's-MCAD/MCSD-Developing web applications with MS VB.NET and
    C#.NET
    * Tim's online notes
    * transender exams
    * some yahoo groups
    * online questions from different sites
    * qod.com

    Preparation:
    * The 'GOD' book - kalani's (read each page, solved all exercises -
    except guided ones, this was my FIRST exposure to ASP.NET and C#)
    * Microsoft's - MCAD/MCSD - Developing web applications with MS VB.NET
    and C#.NET (not all chapters only some, though an excellent book many
    topics are irrelevant if your soul purpose is to pass 315)
    * Tim's online notes (excellent notes - the best I feel, simply
    because they point to MSDN articles; skimmed through most
    articles/links in last 2 days before my exam)
    * transender exams - very good preparation to get you in the zone/mood
    (scores -720, 800, 800)
    * working full time and married
    * took about 3 months on the whole, but very limited preparation on a
    daily basis as such - somewhere about 1.5 hrs on an average.

    My experience:
    A pretty straightforward exam if you are well prepared (Duh!).
    No, seriously, you need to be sure that you are well prepared for the
    exam as the questions can get tricky sometimes.
    Read as much material as possible to get maximum information. Again,
    'MSDN articles' is the best resource per moa.
    Try to get mock exams/sample questions and such - that helps.
    Testing out the finer points by writing code also helps a lot as then
    it gets embossed in your brain (for awhile atleast).
    Get the evaluation copy of SQL server, the .NET framework (free) and
    the free .NET IDE (SharpDevelop etc) and start coding to get practise.
    Of course if you can get licensed versions and VS .NET that is the
    best.
    There are some standard questions that should jump out to you while
    studying itself - from topics like controls(user,custom), migration
    from ASP to .NET, globalization, accessibility etc.

    Remember - Practice makes man perfect (or is it practise!!??)
    Rahul, Jun 2, 2004