passed 291!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Hans, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Hans

    Hans Guest

    It took me more than a month to study, had to reschedule the exam date a
    couple of times. But I made it with a 892 score! Prove is here:
    http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=77447_tamedbeast_122_542lo.jpg

    You really need to dig through a lot of text with irrelevant information....
    You are the Administrator for blabla.com the blabla contains blabla with bla
    bla bla.
    My advise: start with reading the question and answers then dig through the
    text to find relevant information.

    I had 30 minutes left when i closed the exam despite the fact that people
    next to me were taking typing tests :(

    Exam had 2 simulations (2x dns)
    Main topic was dns.
    2nd was ras
    3rd network monitor/performance monitor.
    4th ipsec
    2 questions on IP subnetting.

    Next one is Exchange 70-284 or should i go security?
    Hans, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Hans

    jkozlowski Guest

    congrats! So are you mcsa2k3 now?

    I think you might have given too much info here, might be volilating the NDA
    you answered back in pre-question #1 - 5 :)

    jkozlowski, Sep 26, 2006

  3. Hans

    Hans Guest

    No, still need to get my elective.

    Hans, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Hans

    jkozlowski Guest

    I am using my A+ and Network+ as that but I also have MCDST, not knowing your
    skill level of you, I would suggest you get MCDST it counts as an elective :)
    Plus its pretty easy to get (its the 70-270 divided into 2 tests basically).

    Good luck!

    jkozlowski, Sep 26, 2006
  5. what did you use as study material? I have been using the microsoft press
    book not sure if it covers everything. did you use a practice suite?

    Douglas Davenport, Oct 1, 2006
  6. Hans

    Hans Guest

    Take a look at www.microsoft.com/technet
    -accurate and well written technical documentation
    -videos, labs, podcasts.

    Create your own server 2003 enviroment and play around a lot.

    Those sybex/microsoft guides are full of errors and tedious to read through,
    for 290 and 291 you can try the cbt nugget videos they cover the exam very
    well.

    Hans, Oct 2, 2006
  7. Hans

    Guest

    Apart from MS press books as well as Syngress books as the basic books
    I stressed more on practice questions especially simulations. I saw
    some Braindumps but my buddy cautioned me not to devote much time on
    those unnecessary stuffs. He recommended ucertify simulations. Some of
    the questions seemed even tougher than the real ones but I could well
    understand the basics of the technology. I had one simulation on Manage
    DHCP database, another on configure DNS forwarding. On the whole it
    seemed a tricky exam.
    , Oct 12, 2006
  8. Hans

    AlbertH Guest

    Hi
    I passed 70-291 about six months ago. I remember some SUS questions and
    simulations (not WSUS!)

    Albert

    AlbertH, Oct 21, 2006