    yesterday. I did not take a course. I did not use dumps, which I hear are
    crud anyways. All I did was read the books (I used EXAMCRAM2) and I did just
    fine. I did both exams in approximately 3 weeks.

    Jay McManus, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Jay McManus

    Sal F Guest

    Congratulations. I just passed 272 this am. I passed 271 two weeks ago so it
    has been about the same time for me to pass both. I did take a class however
    since my employer paid for it.

    Sal F, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Jay McManus

    Jay McManus Guest

    Congratulations to you as well. I didnt have time to take a class. I had to
    get mine done as quickly as possible, as my new employer wanted me to have
    this in order to start.

    Jay McManus, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Jay McManus

    Don Kipp Guest

    Jay:
    What was your previous experience? ie desktop support, bs,ms,etc....Just
    trying to figure out where I stand..Thanks

    Don Kipp, Sep 9, 2005
  5. Jay McManus

    Jay McManus Guest

    I have written NT4.0 Server, Workstation, and Networking Essentials years
    ago. I have also supported users in a Windows 98 environment for the last 4
    years. I have been building machines for about 8 years and working and
    configuring Operating systems for at least as long. I have worked with
    Windows XP since RC1 and RC2 several years ago. I was asked three weeks ago
    to certify. I thought that I had a good enough amount of experience to get
    me through, and in this case, I was correct. There is without a doubt, no
    substitute to hands on training though. I was lucky that I have 4 systems
    running in my house that I could practice and mess around with. Hope that
    helps. The study material that I used was the EXAMCRAM2 series of books, but
    I also picked up the Sybex book. The two together basically covered all the
    material. Examcram by itself, I found, was lacking in information. The
    Sybex book was very comprehensive, and had exercises for you to try. Hope
    this helps.

    Jay McManus, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Jay McManus

    Eunice Guest

    Hey Jay,
    Good job .I m preparing to write 271 and 272 exams too.Is it possible that
    you can
    help me with the study materials i need to pass this exam. I will appreciate
    your help.

    Eunice, Sep 17, 2005
  7. Jay McManus

    Jay McManus Guest

    Sure. Feel free to email me and I will do what I can to help you. For
    obvious reasons, I cannot tell you what was on my exam, and chances are that
    your exam will not be the same, but I can help to focus in some areas.

    Jay McManus, Sep 17, 2005
  8. Jay McManus

    Eunice Guest

    Hey Jay,

    Thank you for responding to my request, it just made my day.How can I email
    you ? will you give mE your email address.Mine is .
    Thank you.

    Eunice, Sep 17, 2005
  9. Jay McManus

    Weeze Guest

    Jay, congratulations! Quick question: my support experience is much more
    hands on, than over the phone. This means sometimes I have to go through it
    on my own computer while I am telling others what to do, do you think this
    will be a hinderence to passing this test?

    Thanks

    Weeze, Sep 27, 2005