PartitionMagiic/Boot Magic Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I'm installing BootMagic v7.01 and Partition Magic 7.0 on a PC FAT32 PC
    running Win2000 Pro. I want to dual boot between W2K Pro and WinXP Pro.
    W2K Proo is currently installed on C:\. After installing Partition Magic
    and BootMagic v7.01 The following is in the BootMagic readme file.

    "1. Installing under Windows 2000/Windows XP

    When Installing BootMagic from Windows 2000 or Windows XP, it is

    recommended that you install to a FAT16 partition. If you install

    to a FAT32 partition, the rescue diskettes will not see the BootMagic

    partition. If you do install to a FAT32 partition, you can create

    rescue diskettes from a Windows 98 or Windows Me machine; then the

    disks will see the FAT32 BootMagic partition correctly.

    This is confusing to me. How do I create rescue disks for W2K Pro using
    FAT32?

    Thanks,

    Mike
    Mike, Sep 20, 2003