    beginning of disc), i said no.

    ***now im hesitating to resize C:
    is the CHC error caused by 64bit on a FAT32 file sys ?

    Marshalx, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Marshalx

    John Barnes Guest

    I have not installed in x64, but have executed it successfully from an old
    operating system I have on an external drive, while in x64.

    John Barnes, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Marshalx

    Guest

    Re: Partitioning win64 with PM8

    It locked up on me under x64 doing a partition resize. No data lost,
    but I really don't suggest running it from x64. I use NTFS. [Off topic,
    but FAT32 has a 64K file limit. Normally not a problem, but I have a
    database that exceeds 64k files per directory. NTFS doesn't have this
    limit.]

    Incidentally, there is a similar program called Partition Commander.
    You can get it at Fry's for pocket change if you use the rebate.

    , Sep 19, 2005
  4. Marshalx

    John Barnes Guest

    My experience with Partition Commander is it only runs in DOS, has a UI and
    GUI from hell, and I needed PM to fix problems caused by PC as well as some
    PC couldn't fix. Just my personal experience. My copy is a coaster. I
    also would recommend NTFS unless you are dual booting with an OS that
    doesn't recognise it and you need files across systems.

    John Barnes, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Re: Partitioning win64 with PM8

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in:

    > My experience with Partition Commander is it only runs in DOS, has a UI and
    > GUI from hell, and I needed PM to fix problems caused by PC as well as some
    > PC couldn't fix. Just my personal experience. My copy is a coaster. I
    > also would recommend NTFS unless you are dual booting with an OS that
    > doesn't recognise it and you need files across systems.

    My experience is the reverse, Partition Commander has on several occasions
    repaired disasters caused by Partition Magic 8. I never use PM any more.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Sep 20, 2005