    which.

    Thanks

    Rob

    robertcutty, Dec 9, 2003

  2. robertcutty

    Harrison Guest

    Which OS are you using and what did you use before?

    Harrison, Dec 9, 2003

  3. robertcutty

    Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > Which OS are you using and what did you use before?
    >
    > On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:33:12 GMT, "robertcutty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >I partitined my hdd partially and copied alredy software onto it.
    > >
    > >Can I safely partition the rest without loosing the data from the already
    > >active partition?
    > >
    > >How thru my Win software or thru a specialized (free?) program - if so
    > >which.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Rob

    Get your self partition magic, It will do the job.

    --

    Back of the net

    G©, Dec 9, 2003
  4. robertcutty

    Harrison Guest

    Already have it, thanks.

    Harrison, Dec 10, 2003
  5. robertcutty

    Plato Guest

    robertcutty wrote:

    > I partitined my hdd partially and copied alredy software onto it.
    >
    > Can I safely partition the rest without loosing the data from the already
    > active partition?

    If you only used part of the drive for your initial partition, and have
    unpartioned space, the yes, in theory, one can partition the unused
    space with no problem.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 10, 2003
  6. robertcutty

    Tom Miller Guest

    What is not clear to me is does the original person want to expand the
    current partition (in which case Partition Magic was an excellent reply) or
    create another partition in which case fdisk/format are the lowest cost
    choices.
    Tom

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > Already have it, thanks.
    >
    > On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:46:24 -0000, "G©" <> wrote:
    >

    > ><Harrison> wrote in message
    > >> Which OS are you using and what did you use before?

    already

    > >Get your self partition magic, It will do the job.

    --
    If I knew what I was doing, would I be posting here?

    Tom Miller, Dec 13, 2003