Partition on USB Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Luke O'Malley, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD utilities judged
    the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could just use my laptop
    to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as far as I could find out.
    I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the existing flawed partition and
    installed a new one FAT 32

    When I was finished I was given the following results:
    Primary unallocated 7.8MB
    Primary Extended 196,000 MB
    Logical FAT32 196,000 MB
    Primary Unallocated 41, 864.7MB

    Since it is a 250GB drive I would really like to have all or most of that
    space in a single patition. I checked the internet and could only find
    articles that took the unallocated and changed it into another drive. Is it
    possible, what I am looking for?

    How do I do it?

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    Toshiba Satellite 500MBRAM , 80GB ROM, Pentium 4
    MS XP Home with upgrades.
    Luke O'Malley, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Luke O'Malley

    Vanguard Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD utilities
    >judged the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could just
    >use my laptop to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as far as
    >I could find out. I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the existing
    >flawed partition and installed a new one FAT 32

    <snip>

    Post 2 of 4 (all the same) sent all of 1 minute later.
    Vanguard, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Luke O'Malley

    doS Guest

    and your play by plays are just as damn annoying...

    doS, Jun 13, 2007
  4. In article ,
    "Vanguard" <> said:
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->news:mBFbi.3083$...
    -->>I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD
    -->utilities
    -->>judged the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could
    -->just
    -->>use my laptop to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as
    -->far as
    -->>I could find out. I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the
    -->existing
    -->>flawed partition and installed a new one FAT 32
    -->
    --><snip>
    -->
    -->Post 2 of 4 (all the same) sent all of 1 minute later.
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Perhaps you can help me that problem too. I was given a msg from my
    program that my posting did not go through because . . . But it
    seems it did. Perhaps if you used the site to help rather than an
    opportunity to criticize. Don't assume the worst of people and you
    will be right more times than you will be wrong. I apologize for
    all the problems I created through my error.
    Sincerely,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Jun 13, 2007
  5. In article fwGbi.42$,
    "doS" <> said:
    -->
    -->and your play by plays are just as damn annoying...
    -->
    -->"Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    -->news:...
    -->> "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->> news:mBFbi.3083$...
    -->>>I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD
    -->utilities
    -->>>judged the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could
    -->just use
    -->>>my laptop to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as
    -->far as I
    -->>>could find out. I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the
    -->existing
    -->>>flawed partition and installed a new one FAT 32
    -->>
    -->> <snip>
    -->>

    Luke O'Malley, Jun 13, 2007
  6. In article ,
    "Vanguard" <> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->news:mBFbi.3083$...
    -->>I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD
    -->utilities
    -->>judged the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could
    -->just
    -->>use my laptop to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as
    -->far as
    -->>I could find out. I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the
    -->existing
    -->>flawed partition and installed a new one FAT 32
    -->
    --><snip>
    -->
    -->Post 2 of 4 (all the same) sent all of 1 minute later.
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->

    I just counted nine replies of criticism, but not one offer of a
    solution. Why do some participants in this group assume the worst
    and then act on it. It is a site for people with problems. Obvious
    to me, I am also having problems with the program I am using to
    post. It is almost as if there are sine people out there looking
    for something they find objectionable so that they can fan their ego
    with a disparaging remark intended to put themselve on a higher
    plane than the person making the inquiry. Now that you have done
    that, do you have any positive suggestion to help me with my
    problem. If not - go to hell!

    Luke O'Malley, Jun 13, 2007
  8. Luke O'Malley

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Jun 13, 2007
  9. Luke O'Malley

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:06:34 +0000, Luke O'Malley wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Vanguard" <> said:
    > -->
    > -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > -->news:mBFbi.3083$...
    > -->>I had a HD crash because my PC shut down abruptly. The WD
    > -->utilities
    > -->>judged the disk OK. I want to format FAT32. I though I could
    > -->just
    > -->>use my laptop to do it but I found it will only format NTFS - as
    > -->far as
    > -->>I could find out. I then turned to Partition Magic deleted the
    > -->existing
    > -->>flawed partition and installed a new one FAT 32
    > -->
    > --><snip>
    > -->
    > -->Post 2 of 4 (all the same) sent all of 1 minute later.
    > -->
    > -->
    > -->
    >
    > Perhaps you can help me that problem too. I was given a msg from my
    > program that my posting did not go through because . . . But it
    > seems it did. Perhaps if you used the site to help rather than an
    > opportunity to criticize. Don't assume the worst of people and you
    > will be right more times than you will be wrong. I apologize for
    > all the problems I created through my error.
    > Sincerely,
    > Luke

    All you messages had different subjects.
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog