    only one partition of 80GB. How could I merge them without formatting my
    hard drive?
    TIA

    bardeban, Mar 10, 2009

  2. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Mar 10, 2009

  3. bardeban

    thanatoid Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in
    news:gp4b3g$onq$:

    > I have a 80GB hard drive, partitioned to 2 40GB in my
    > laptop. I like to have only one partition of 80GB. How
    > could I merge them without formatting my hard drive?
    > TIA

    I know you won't listen but you should make 5 partitions instead
    of 1 or 2. If not more.

    A single partition is at the root of half the whining I read in
    this group.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Mar 10, 2009
  4. bardeban

    Keyser Söze Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in message

    > "bardeban" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a 80GB hard drive, partitioned to 2 40GB in my
    >> laptop. I like to have only one partition of 80GB. How
    >> could I merge them without formatting my hard drive?
    >> TIA

    > I know you won't listen but you should make 5 partitions instead
    > of 1 or 2. If not more.
    >
    > A single partition is at the root of half the whining I read in
    > this group.

    Not true, as the root of all my whining is that I'll never have enough
    money, booze, drug, sex, misery, joy, aches and pains, food, fun,
    breathlessness, happiness, spite, cigars, fun <oh, I already said fun -
    scratch that>.

    And as for partitions, I've just to fucking many of the little critters. I
    even have a 5MB partition just for nostalgia, whoever she is.

    I'll get back to you with the rest, I'm bored now... oh, boredom...

    ;->

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 10, 2009
  5. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Mar 10, 2009
  6. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >
    >> bardeban wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a 80GB hard drive, partitioned to 2 40GB in my laptop. I like
    >>> to have only one partition of 80GB. How could I merge them without
    >>> formatting my hard drive?

    >> http://www.webisee.com/2009/02/27/full-free-easeus-partition-master-pro-download/
    >>
    >> Use the alternate link to download.

    >Or go directly to the vendor's site at:
    >
    >http://www.easeus.com/download.htm http://www.partition-tool.com/

    My link had the "Pro" version as a free download. (They gave it away for 24
    hours back in Feb.)

    G. Morgan, Mar 10, 2009
  7. bardeban

    thanatoid Guest

    Ardent <> wrote in

    > On 10 Mar 2009 05:59:52 GMT, thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>A single partition is at the root of half the whining I
    >>read in this group.

    > Yes, it is very convenient to have multiple partitions. One
    > for the OS and the programs and another for data for the
    > programs and then more for saving downloaded software,
    > music, video etc.
    >
    > As soon as the OS partition is made and tweaked to
    > satisfaction it should be imaged so that in case any
    > problem, mostly IMHO the OS partition is affected more than
    > the others. In such a case the partition can be restored in
    > minutes and back on track.

    Well, thank fubar only a few people think like we do or most
    techs and $50 defrag program makers would be out of work!

    I have a 40GB drive with 16 partitions, FWIW. And I image C:
    whenever I make serious changes.

    thanatoid, Mar 13, 2009
  8. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote:
    >
    >> G. Morgan wrote:

    >>> http://www.webisee.com/2009/02/27/full-free-easeus-partition-master-pro-download/
    >>>

    >>> Use the alternate link to download.

    >> Or go directly to the vendor's site at:
    >>
    >> http://www.easeus.com/download.htm http://www.partition-tool.com/

    > My link had the "Pro" version as a free download. (They gave it away
    > for 24 hours back in Feb.)

    And on that web page:

    "Full Version EASEUS Partition Master Professional Free Download
    Today Only"
    Dated: February 27th, 2009

    Well, TODAY has long passed. When you click on the "Download Easeus
    Partition Master Pro" link, you get "THE PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND". Well,
    yeah, because that offer expired.

    I clicked on the mediafire link (and then clicked on the download link
    in their ad-ridden page), and could download the epmpro3.zip file.

    So what the above means is that webisee.com honored the free offer while
    mediafire violated it, or webisee violated the offer if the mediafire
    (and filefactory) downloads are theirs to manage and they didn't remove
    them after the offer expired. Since filefactory (for its basic download
    service) is always busy (so I cannot get a "slot" for download), I
    cannot check if they (or this site) are continuing to violate this
    vendor's intended 1-day offer.

    The vendor was kind enough to provide a 1-day offer for a free copy of
    their *paid* Pro version. This site has denigrated itself to a pirate
    (as well as the affiliate download sites). I don't promote anything
    from pirates. The unpirated free Home edition should be more than
    adequate for the OP's needs.

    VanguardLH, Mar 13, 2009
  9. bardeban

    Old Codger Guest

    bardeban wrote:
    > I have a 80GB hard drive, partitioned to 2 40GB in my laptop. I like to have
    > only one partition of 80GB. How could I merge them without formatting my
    > hard drive?

    GParted, open source and multiskilled. There is even a live CD
    download. http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Mar 13, 2009
  10. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    VanguardLH wrote:

    >The vendor was kind enough to provide a 1-day offer for a free copy of
    >their *paid* Pro version.

    Which didn't work during most of those 24 hours.

    > This site has denigrated itself to a pirate
    >(as well as the affiliate download sites). I don't promote anything
    >from pirates.

    Well, I'm not a self-appointed license compliance clerk. I simply provided
    links.

    > The unpirated free Home edition should be more than
    >adequate for the OP's needs.

    Maybe, maybe not.

    Do you want to argue about software piracy? Is that why you replied?

    G. Morgan, Mar 13, 2009
  11. bardeban

    Scribner Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:10:58 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan <>
    wrote:

    >VanguardLH wrote:
    >
    >>The vendor was kind enough to provide a 1-day offer for a free copy of
    >>their *paid* Pro version.

    >Which didn't work during most of those 24 hours.
    >
    >> This site has denigrated itself to a pirate
    >>(as well as the affiliate download sites). I don't promote anything
    >>from pirates.

    >Well, I'm not a self-appointed license compliance clerk. I simply provided
    >links.
    >
    >> The unpirated free Home edition should be more than
    >>adequate for the OP's needs.

    >Maybe, maybe not.
    >
    >Do you want to argue about software piracy? Is that why you replied?

    If you merge partitions, what about your registry? It won't see
    software installed on the deleted partition anymore and you will
    probably have to re-install.

    Scribner, Mar 13, 2009
  12. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    Scribner wrote:

    >If you merge partitions, what about your registry? It won't see
    >software installed on the deleted partition anymore and you will
    >probably have to re-install.

    Yeah, that is true (re-install programs that were on 2nd part.)

    The OP didn't say what data was on the 2nd partition. It will become a
    sub-dir of the root of the new bigger partition.

    I think the OP is a drive-by anyway.

    G. Morgan, Mar 13, 2009
  13. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:

    > VanguardLH wrote:
    >
    >>The vendor was kind enough to provide a 1-day offer for a free copy of
    >>their *paid* Pro version.

    > Which didn't work during most of those 24 hours.
    >
    >> This site has denigrated itself to a pirate
    >>(as well as the affiliate download sites). I don't promote anything
    >>from pirates.

    > Well, I'm not a self-appointed license compliance clerk. I simply provided
    > links.
    >
    >> The unpirated free Home edition should be more than
    >>adequate for the OP's needs.

    > Maybe, maybe not.
    >
    > Do you want to argue about software piracy? Is that why you replied?

    Actually I only replied to provide a link to the vendor's own site
    simply to evade the problem of the OP getting a non-legit version.

    VanguardLH, Mar 13, 2009