    single partition. I am using a Dell Pent III laptop and Win98SE.
    What am I missing here?
    Joe

    JMalg, Jan 3, 2005

  2. JMalg

    DaveH Guest

    "JMalg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > PM does not recognize my Maxtor USB2 HD. I want to partition it but PM
    > only
    > shows C:. System Properties shows no conflicts. The Maxtor works well as a
    > single partition. I am using a Dell Pent III laptop and Win98SE.
    > What am I missing here?
    > Joe

    My copy of PM 8.0, picks up my USB2 200gb drive with Windows XP.

    Is W98SE detecting a USB device?

    Dave H.

    DaveH, Jan 3, 2005

  3. JMalg

    JMalg Guest

    Yes it does.

    JMalg, Jan 3, 2005
  4. JMalg

    DaveH Guest

    "JMalg" <> wrote in message
    > Yes it does.

    I am going to assume that you loaded the W98SE drivers and all went well
    (and that the jumpers are correct) but PM 8.0 still doesn't recognize the
    drive. You might try here:
    http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/M... Downloads/External Hard Drives&downloadID=24
    for the W98SE USB hard drive driver.

    Also they have available a usb diagnostic program at
    http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/M...channelpath=/en_us/Support/Software Downloads

    Good Luck,

    Dave H.

    DaveH, Jan 3, 2005