    i just want to have to system restored and the backup is already there but
    how do i utilize it?
    TIA

    Brad, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Brad

    TerryNC Guest

    PM is to create partitions, not restore drives...

    TerryNC, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Brad

    Sunny Guest

    Set the "back up" partition as "active" ?
    Did your friend install boot magic as well ?
    (and of course made the boot floppies)

    Sunny, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Brad

    philo Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > hi all
    > my friend has partion magic 8.0 installed w/ a backup of his hdd saved on
    > another partition
    > his root drive is trashed and needs restored
    > what is the best approach doing this?
    > i open magic up but nothing is worded similar to restore a drive
    > i just want to have to system restored and the backup is already there but
    > how do i utilize it?
    > TIA

    whatever utility was used to do the backup
    should have the ability to restore.
    note: partition magic is generally used merely to re-partition
    although it can (sometimes) restore data from a deleted partition

    philo, Aug 25, 2004