    Compaq R4000Z procedure. I know the installation procedure, I just cannot
    seem to find how to begin a partition process.

    Thanks in advance.

    Daniel, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Daniel

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    The best way to accomplish what you want is to use something like Partition
    Magic. Be aware that your hard drive may have a hidden partition containing
    the restore image for your computer. If you destroy that partition and do
    not have a Restore CD, then you will be unable to do a factory state restore
    on you computer.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Daniel

    M. Murcek Guest

    Are you wiping the hard drive to install x64? If the drive is one big
    partition, the only way to re-partition it and retain the stuff already on
    it is to use something like Partition Magic or Drive Commander, and you will
    of course have to be starting out with x32 WinXP to do that, AFAIK. If you
    don't care about what's on the drive, the text mode portion of Win XP's
    install will allow you to delete the existing partition, and then create a
    new partition of a size smaller than the entire disk. You can install x64
    on that partition, and then, install whatever other OS you want on the
    unpartitioned space (using whatever install time partitioning that OS
    offers) See existing posts below for tips on what order to install in if
    you want to dual boot x32 and x64 flavors of Win XP.

    M. Murcek, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Check here for some info on partitioning:
    http://partition.radified.com/
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 20, 2005