    I want to get the latest IOS for the 2503, 2610 and 2950. Any help would be
    gratefully appreciated.

    Gordon
    slipstream_242, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Files aren't split over partions, in my experience.

    If the flash is partitioned, it should be in the startup config, eg:
    partiton flash 2 8 8 (2 partitions, 8 meg each)

    Erase the unwanted partition (making sure there is no contravening
    boot system flash command in the config like:
    boot system flash:2:[image].bin)

    router#erase flash:2

    Then go into global config and negate the partition flash command. eg:
    no partition flash 2 8 8.

    Write, reload and what was in flash:1 should now be in flash:
    in one partition!

    If you want to keep the stuff in partition 2, you'll need to delete files
    from flash:1
    and copy stuff from flash:2 to flash:1, then unpartion.

    Something like that anyway.
    Simon, CCNP.

    "slipstream_242" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a 2600 router and the flash memory appears to be in 2

    partitions.
    > I have an image file in each with the first partition only having a 4mb

    file
    > and the second partition having a 7mb file, both with the same name.
    >
    > Can I repartition the flash memory?
    > Are both of the files in fact one file split over 2 partitions?
    > Can I merge these together?
    > Where can I get the latest IOS for my routers?
    > I know these are on the Cisco site but I am not registered as a user

    who

    Simon Marsden, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Thanks

    I`m just curious, the image in flash 1 is 4mb and the one in flash 2 has
    the same name but is 7 mb. I have noticed that on reload it does decompress
    the image in flash 1 so does this mean that the image in flash 2 is the
    decompressed version once the router is reloaded?

    would I be able to save the decompressed IOS to tftp and then reload that
    back into flash once I have created just the one partition?

    Thanks for your help

    Gordon

    slipstream_242, Jul 10, 2004
  4. If the two files have the same name, but different file size,
    the smaller file could be a corrupt copy?

    Can you boot from both files?

    Again, from my experience, 2600's only decompress an IOS
    into DRAM on boot, and you always tftp the compressed image.

    WARNING
    If you erase your single flash partition and reload, you'll need to tftp
    the IOS back from the 'rommon>' prompt.

    Simon Marsden, Jul 10, 2004