    and this particular website is not opening. If i check the site from anywhere
    else (outside my house), it opens. This website has not been blocked or any
    such thing. Can u help with this problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=, Feb 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=

    Guest

    On 17-Feb-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=" <> wrote:

    > I am having a problem opening a particular website from home.
    > (www.craigslist.com). Only this website is not opening, I have no problem
    > with any other website. I checked with the other computers also in my house
    > and this particular website is not opening. If i check the site from anywhere
    > else (outside my house), it opens. This website has not been blocked or any
    > such thing. Can u help with this problem.

    You need the IP address of the problem URL. I see 66.150.243.20
    Then try Start > Run > pathping the URL www.craigslist.com
    And again pathping 66.150.243.20
    I found it stoped at 63.251.63.65 so I guess it is currently
    unreachable, and after some 13 hops trying to get there,
    the problem is at the far end.
    , Feb 17, 2006

  3. What can I do about it? Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem
    right away. I tried what you said and like you said im still not bale to open
    the site.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=, Feb 17, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=

    R@L Guest

    "Avinash" <> wrote in message
    > What can I do about it? Is there anything that can be done to fix the
    > problem
    > right away. I tried what you said and like you said im still not bale to
    > open
    > the site.
    >
    > "" wrote:
    >

    >> On 17-Feb-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?="
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I am having a problem opening a particular website from home.
    >> > (www.craigslist.com). Only this website is not opening, I have no
    >> > problem
    >> > with any other website. I checked with the other computers also in my
    >> > house
    >> > and this particular website is not opening. If i check the site from
    >> > anywhere
    >> > else (outside my house), it opens. This website has not been blocked or
    >> > any
    >> > such thing. Can u help with this problem.

    >> You need the IP address of the problem URL. I see 66.150.243.20
    >> Then try Start > Run > pathping the URL www.craigslist.com
    >> And again pathping 66.150.243.20
    >> I found it stoped at 63.251.63.65 so I guess it is currently
    >> unreachable, and after some 13 hops trying to get there,
    >> the problem is at the far end.

    I had the same thing last year with my bank's site (!!).
    It happened to be on an imported HOSTS file.

    Ronald
    R@L, Feb 17, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=

    smackedass Guest

    > This website has not been blocked or any such thing.

    Are you sure? Did you check your firewall/s? Don't know why else such a
    thing would happen.

    smackedass
    smackedass, Feb 17, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=

    Guest

    On 17-Feb-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=" <> wrote:

    > What can I do about it? Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem
    > right away. I tried what you said and like you said im still not bale to open
    > the site.

    You can try putting the raw IP address in your brouser, then Go.
    This cuts out the nameserver, but other than that, it looks like
    a problem somewhere along the route to the site.
    Somewhere near the far end at a guess, it path has gone through
    routers in New York and Chicago.
    If you type www.craigslist.com into Googles search bar, Go, then
    select show cache from the results, you can see the site.
    It's
    San Francisco Bay Area classified
    a bit more work with Google "might" get you an email contact
    address "which might work" unless the email server is also
    in the same IP address domain, or a phone number.
    Of course their ISP could have pulled the plug for an unpaid
    bill which is why some sites disappear, but unlikely in
    this case?
    Just wait and see if they fix it, losing a router can take
    time to fix, while they wait for a spare, or a techie, similarly
    if someone puts a JCB through a fibre optic trunk.
    , Feb 17, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=

    Guest

    On 17-Feb-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?QXZpbmFzaA==?=" <> wrote:

    > What can I do about it? Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem
    > right away. I tried what you said and like you said im still not bale to open
    > the site.

    Some people don't look very far
    133: SP Lame - WinXP SP2 users have problems accessing craigslist
    Updated Tue, Feb 14 - 01:01 PSTThe recent WinXP Service Pack 2 (SP2) upgrade may cause
    problems accessing craigslist.org and other sites. Router, firewall, and modem
    manufacturers may have upgrades that fix these issues; check your
    router/firewall/modem manufacturer's website for exact details.
    Netgear has some more info. on their website:
    <http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101412.asp>
    , Feb 17, 2006