"partial" wireless connectivity

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. Hi
    I am having trouble connecting my LG laptop which has both wired and
    wireless network capabilities. I have a home network with a Netcomm NB620W
    Super G wireless router, a desktop computer with 3Com gigabit adapter
    (wired), and my laptop (intel wireless adapter).

    The wired desktop connects to the router and can brows the internet just
    fine.

    The laptop will connect when plugged in to the wired network and can see the
    internet normally. (it can also browse shared folders and printers on the
    desktop). When the wired network is unplugged and I connect by wireless, all
    seems fine, as I can browse the shared folders on the desktop, transfer files
    etc over the wireless network, BUT, i can not see the internet!? I can log
    in to the router and cahange its setting over the wireless connection, but
    still can not see the internet.

    Getting very frustrated as have tried many setting changes, and read many
    posts here and elsewhere, none of which seem to have the answer.

    Can anybody offer any suggestions??

    Thanks

    Dan
    --