    What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    reinstall a different version?

    Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    American Pi, Oct 18, 2003

  2. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system? System restore?

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:19:00 GMT, in
    <Xns9418741CDF753aksjdfapsodfj@24.168.128.74>
    American Pi scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003

  3. American Pi

    Bob B Guest

    "American Pi" <> wrote in message
    > During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    > hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    > unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    > Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    > registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    > any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    > system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    >
    > What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    > reinstall a different version?
    >
    > Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    This might not help but have a look in Msconfig/Sytem.ini/386Enh...see if
    there is anything refering to NAV and if so untick.. Bob ...might also be
    worth a look through other folders in this utility

    Bob B, Oct 18, 2003
  4. American Pi

    American Pi Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in news:Lodkb.3046$KA5.26381@newsfep4-
    glfd.server.ntli.net:

    > This might not help but have a look in
    > Msconfig/Sytem.ini/386Enh...see if

    Thanks Bobbby. Will try.

    re-install, but would prefer to avoid the that rigor morale if possible.

    American Pi, Oct 18, 2003
  5. American Pi

    Gitano Guest

    American Pi came up with this: news:Xns9418741CDF753aksjdfapsodfj@
    24.168.128.74:

    > During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    > hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    > unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    > Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    > registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    > any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    > system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    >
    > What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    > reinstall a different version?
    >
    > Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-
    security.nsf/docid/2002112108541748?
    Open&dtype=corp&tdir=&tpre=&prev=gen&src=ent_web_nam

    or:

    http://tinyurl.com/rftx

    --
    "Life is a bitch, and finally you end up marrying one..."

    Gitano, Oct 18, 2003
  6. American Pi wrote:
    > During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    > hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    > unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    > Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    > registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    > any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    > system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    >
    > What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    > reinstall a different version?
    >
    > Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>

    This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    http://tinyurl.com/nk2d

    You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    (Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    a problem.)

    Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.

    -- DE

    Tergiversative, Oct 18, 2003
  7. American Pi

    xman Charlie Guest

    "Tergiversative" <> wrote in message
    > American Pi wrote:
    > > During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    > > hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    > > unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    > > Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    > > registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    > > any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    > > system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    > >
    > > What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    > > reinstall a different version?
    > >
    > > Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    > This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    > you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>
    >
    > This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    > tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    > http://tinyurl.com/nk2d
    >

    > You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    > (Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    > a problem.)
    >
    > Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.
    >
    > -- DE

    run: services.msc

    There is a big fat file that symantec virus loads. Do not recall its name.

    my 2 cents

    xman Charlie, Oct 19, 2003
  8. American Pi

    American Pi Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in

    > This might not help but have a look in
    > Msconfig/Sytem.ini/386Enh...see if
    > there is anything refering to NAV and if so
    > untick.. Bob ...might also be
    > worth a look through other folders in this utility

    That seems to have resolved it! Thanks to all who replied.

    American Pi, Oct 19, 2003
  9. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:20:32 -0700, in
    <>
    Tergiversative scrawled:

    >American Pi wrote:
    >> During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    >> hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    >> unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    >> Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    >> registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    >> any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    >> system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    >>
    >> What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    >> reinstall a different version?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    >This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    >you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>
    >
    >This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    >tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.
    >http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    >http://tinyurl.com/nk2d
    >

    >You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    >(Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    >a problem.)
    >
    >Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.
    >
    >-- DE

    Symantec quite clearly states:

    "Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE): Do not use
    Rnav2003.exe to uninstall NAVCE."

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 19, 2003
  10. °Mike° wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:20:32 -0700, in
    > <>
    > Tergiversative scrawled:
    >

    >>American Pi wrote:
    >>
    >>>During an uninstall of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, my system
    >>>hung up and then crashed - leaving the uninstall incomplete. I am now
    >>>unable to reinstall any version of NAV because the program finds NAV
    >>>Corporate present on the system. I deleted all entries in the
    >>>registry referring to NAV Corporate, the system folder itself, and
    >>>any files that I could find that clearly related to NAV found in a
    >>>system search for the words "corporate" or "nav".
    >>>
    >>>What can I use to clean out the remaining vestiges of NAV in order to
    >>>reinstall a different version?
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

    >>This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    >>you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>
    >>
    >>This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    >>tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.
    >>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    >>http://tinyurl.com/nk2d
    >>

    >>You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    >>(Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    >>a problem.)
    >>
    >>Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.
    >>
    >>-- DE

    > Symantec quite clearly states:
    >
    > "Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE): Do not use
    > Rnav2003.exe to uninstall NAVCE."

    I may have the wrong link, but as I stated -- I can't seem to get into
    the actual article on the Symantec site, but there MOST DEFINITELY is a
    tool for removing the CE version, and then there are registry entries
    under *Intel* for it.

    Until you use their clean-up tool AND ensure the registry keys are
    removed per their instructions, you simply can't successfully install
    another version if you have this problem in the first place.

    It is a very common situation, and I only wish the Symantec site were
    allowing me to get directly to the article so that I didn't have to post
    a link "blind".

    Here is another link from another site, but I still have problems
    getting to the actual page:
    http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2001011116210048

    Here is another article I *can* get to which verifies that the problem
    is often with an INTEL registry key:
    http://www.ntfaq.ch/base/An install...s Corporate Edition 7_5 does not complete.htm

    Tergiversative, Oct 20, 2003
  11. American Pi

    Buffalo Guest

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...iew=docid&dtype=corp&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    Buffalo, Oct 20, 2003
  12. American Pi

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003
  13. American Pi

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:03:40 -0700, in
    <>
    Tergiversative scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:20:32 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Tergiversative scrawled:

    <snip>

    >>>This is VERY common -- there is an article on the Symantec site. I bet
    >>>you didn't think to look in the registry under Intel, didja? <s>
    >>>
    >>>This link should get you the article -- you have to download a cleanup
    >>>tool called RNAV2003 -- but it's not responding for me today.
    >>>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256ace0076cc02?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/nk2d
    >>>

    >>>You have to run it in compatibility mode if you have WinXP, though.
    >>>(Always good to include your Windows version in your post when you have
    >>>a problem.)
    >>>
    >>>Also, the same problem can exist for OEM-installed versions of NAV.
    >>>
    >>>-- DE

    >> Symantec quite clearly states:
    >>
    >> "Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE): Do not use
    >> Rnav2003.exe to uninstall NAVCE."
    >>

    >I may have the wrong link, but as I stated -- I can't seem to get into
    >the actual article on the Symantec site, but there MOST DEFINITELY is a
    >tool for removing the CE version, and then there are registry entries
    >under *Intel* for it.

    I'll say it again, Symantec says "Do not use Rnav2003.exe to uninstall
    NAVCE." You quite clearly stated: "you have to download a cleanup
    tool called RNAV2003". IF there is a tool specifically for the Corporate
    Edition, post the correct link; don't send people to the wrong link.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 20, 2003