partial email addy?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TNKEV, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
    finders want a name and I can't get that.

    this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
    shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
    but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
    moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
    he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
    inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
    bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

    --

    The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
    http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/
    TNKEV, Feb 22, 2006

  2. TNKEV wrote:
    > how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
    > finders want a name and I can't get that.
    >
    > this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
    > shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
    > but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
    > moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
    > he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
    > inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
    > bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

    When you get his IP, report him to Yahoo. What you are planning will
    more likely get you in trouble than cause him any discomfort.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 22, 2006

  3. TNKEV

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-02-22, TNKEV <> wrote:
    > how can I find a way to complete this email addy "janwo34@" people
    > finders want a name and I can't get that.
    >
    > this person is hacking a yahoo group that a friend moderates,he has
    > shutdown 1 group and started another in an attemt to lose the loser
    > but he keeps coming back and somehow hacking in and posting without
    > moderator approval, he is going to send me the IP address as soon as
    > he can get to a PC, but I would like this ______ to have an email
    > inbox that is overflowing I need the rest of his addy to feed to the
    > bots.the post to the group only shows the partial addy.

    Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the trouble-maker
    and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities, but you never know
    ....), trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea; it will certainly cause
    problems for whoever is unfortunate enough to have to carry the emails
    from your machine to wherever they end up - that includes your own ISP and
    email service provider, of course, which is why you would probably be in
    breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own account
    cancelled. Which would delight the troublemaker of course, and cost him
    nothing.

    Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their web
    forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

    One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each person can
    choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by making
    appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
    needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web forum, at
    least so far.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 22, 2006
  4. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the

    trouble-maker
    > and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities, but you never

    know
    > ..., trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea; it will certainly

    cause
    > problems for whoever is unfortunate enough to have to carry the

    emails
    > from your machine to wherever they end up - that includes your own

    ISP and
    > email service provider

    I would not be personally sending him mail, I plan to use his email to
    invite spammers to
    bomb the hell out of him, not one email would be sent from me.

    >, of course, which is why you would probably be in
    > breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own

    account
    > cancelled.

    not a soul would know I did it.

    > Which would delight the troublemaker of course, and cost him
    > nothing.
    >
    > Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their

    web
    > forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

    Yahoo is ignoring my friend and telling him to block the ISP addy, but
    he has hacked in,
    he has the IP blocked yet the guy can still post and has moderator
    access, he has blocked IPs from
    regular posters and kicked them from the group.
    he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
    and when the cops went to
    his house he got pissed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
    jail for 4 months
    for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
    too far,and kicking the
    crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

    > One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each

    person can
    > choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by

    making
    > appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
    > needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web

    forum, at
    > least so far.

    this is true, it is difficult to start a usenet newsgroup and they
    don't want to take
    over an unused group.

    my friend set me up as a moderator today, so if he posts again I will
    take care of him.
    thanks for the reply and the advice.

    TNKEV, Feb 22, 2006
  5. TNKEV

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43fce234$0$49817$,
    TNKEV spewed forth:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> Even if that is a genuine email address that belongs to the
    >> trouble-maker and is important to him (three unlikely possibilities,
    >> but you never know ..., trying to jam his inbox is not a good idea;
    >> it will certainly cause problems for whoever is unfortunate enough
    >> to have to carry the emails from your machine to wherever they end
    >> up - that includes your own ISP and email service provider

    > I would not be personally sending him mail, I plan to use his email to
    > invite spammers to
    > bomb the hell out of him, not one email would be sent from me.
    >
    >> , of course, which is why you would probably be in
    >> breach of their terms of service and be liable to having your own
    >> account cancelled.

    > not a soul would know I did it.

    Other than the fact that you've posted here in this international newsgroup
    that you intend to...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 23, 2006
  6. TNKEV

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-02-22, TNKEV <> wrote:

    snip

    >> Yahoo are responsible for keeping unwelcome visitors out of their web
    >> forums/mailing lists; let them deal with it.

    > Yahoo is ignoring my friend and telling him to block the ISP addy, but
    > he has hacked in,
    > he has the IP blocked yet the guy can still post and has moderator
    > access, he has blocked IPs from
    > regular posters and kicked them from the group.
    > he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
    > and when the cops went to
    > his house he got pissed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
    > jail for 4 months
    > for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
    > too far,and kicking the
    > crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

    Yahoo need to do more then; it is their system that is being breached,
    apparently; if one malicious person can gain moderator status without
    going through proper channels, in one group, then all Yahoo groups are
    vulnerable to the same flaw in their system. If they can't help your
    group, and take active steps to patch the security flaw, then your group
    should move to a more competent web-forum system - or a real newsgroup.

    Of course, they can't help if someone else in the group with management or
    moderator status is letting the trouble-maker in, deliberately or
    unwittingly. All such managers or moderators must make sure that their
    own computers are not being accessed physically by anyone else who can see
    their files, and are not being compromised by any key-logger or trojan or
    other malware.

    The laws of libel or slander would apply to false accusations of illegal
    activity.

    >> One of the advantages of proper usenet newsgroups, is that each person can
    >> choose to 'block' any subject or person they don't want to see, by making
    >> appropriate settings on their own software - and without anyone else
    >> needing to know. That seems to be beyond the power of any web forum, at
    >> least so far.

    > this is true, it is difficult to start a usenet newsgroup and they
    > don't want to take
    > over an unused group.

    snip

    Groups in the alt.* heirarchy seem to be easy to get started. The
    regulars in alt.config know how - google before posting there!

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 23, 2006
  7. TNKEV wrote:

    > he even reported to my friends local police that he was selling drugs
    > and when the cops went to
    > his house he got pissed and argued with the cops and got thrown in
    > jail for 4 months
    > for assault on a police officer. this is serious,the poo bag has gone
    > too far,and kicking the
    > crap out him hasn't worked,just makes him do more.

    He has your friend thrown in jail (actually, your friend threw himself
    in jail if he went ballistic on the cops) and your idea of retribution
    is to have spam sent to an email address you don't even know??
    --
    Back to the sandbox and be sure to use some sunblock.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 23, 2006