    tape so I can restore the data?

    Thanks,

    Eric

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Having the data safely copied, I'm afraid, does not help you if the job
    didn't finish. These programs sign off by writing a file that they later use
    for restoring. Not having finished properly, I don't believe you will ever
    be able to figure out what goes where or what it is called - it will just be
    random data.

    If the data is text that you wrote yourself, and you have oceans of time,
    you could try and search for strings in a 'HexEditor' and save the bits and
    pieces as you go along, but doing that is hardly an option except in the
    happiest of circumstances.

    Having a crash, though, doesn't have to mean that any of the original data,
    that you had scheduled for the backup, has to be corrupted???

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 7, 2007