    else out there who has tried this and has had any success ad it.
    Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

    H H, Aug 11, 2003

  2. H H

    John D Loop Guest

    Yeah,
    I am getting pretty tired of this free service I am giving all my neighbors.
    I did also get a few nice customers, but they just don't show up without a
    LOT of work
    pounding the pavement, a lot of freebies, a lot of references, a store to
    work out of, etc.
    Good thing I have another job, or I would go REAL hungry.
    Basically I am just too nice a guy. When they say how much do I owe you, I
    can't stand the thot of charging
    all my neighbors!
    Check my web site for tips on homenetworking and safe computing
    www.pccitizen.com

    "Kathy" <> wrote in message
    > This is what I am doing right now seeing there isn't much of anything

    around
    > in my area....so far from just posting on different sites in my area of

    what
    > I can do, I have gotten a handful of people wanting my help. People just
    > basically wanting reformats of they're HD's....easy money for that
    > one....just be careful with the family members though, I don't know your
    > particular situation, but with mine, it's the in-laws and they expect free
    > services and I never get any favor in return. And they ARE a pain in the
    > a$$! Now if it's for my own family members (sisters, brothers, etc.) thats
    > okay because they never expect me to do it for free even if I am willing

    > do it for free.
    > Just my 2 cents :)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Kathy
    > A+
    >
    > "H H" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I have been in the computer repair field for over 15 years, covering PCs

    > and
    > > peripherals, among other hardware platforms. I passed the A+ hardware

    and
    > > am studying now for the software portion. I also have had some training

    > from
    > > Microsoft. Due to a job change and some salary loss, I am thinking

    about
    > > working for myself as a part-time PC technician. I am thinking I would

    > work
    > > primarily via "word of mouth", working for family members and so on.
    > >
    > > Since I would be doing this myself, I am curious to see if there is

    anyone

    John D Loop, Aug 12, 2003

  3. H H

    Brian Guest

    I've done some one time jobs through some contract companies where I do
    install PC's or credit card machines. They pay decent but it takes forever
    to get your check and while they say "there will be me more working in your
    area soon" they never call again. I am starting to think they are trying to
    get a tax break or something by hiring more people. Not sure...

    Brian, Aug 12, 2003