    on original Canon paper...
    --

    nobody

    nobody nowhere, Jul 2, 2004

  2. nobody nowhere <> wrote in
    news::

    > Please go to:
    >
    > www.jwhite.demon.co.uk
    >
    > When there , go for "lesinvalides-3"
    >
    > Any comments on the running away bit of the roof on the left would be
    > greatly appreciated. I use Photoshop CS. I had to do a lot of
    > processing (eg. to correct convergence, Neat image, etc.) The file was
    > huge -420MB- or so. Has this disaster happened because I was not
    > patient enough for one operation to finish (it took ages), and may be I
    > saved it at the wrong moment? Any other possible explanations? Of
    > course, I noted the problem only *after* I had printed an A3+ picture,
    > on original Canon paper...

    My guess is that you in any stage, probably the convergence stage,
    had a selection active. Then did not the entire picture become
    convergence compensated.

    The theory of interrupted operations I don't think is true, for
    two reasons: (1) I don't think you can interrupt PS in that way
    and (2) in that case you would see copied tiles, not a smoothed
    round copy.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 2, 2004

  3. nobody nowhere

    Bob Williams Guest

    nobody nowhere wrote:
    > Please go to:
    >
    > www.jwhite.demon.co.uk
    >
    > When there , go for "lesinvalides-3"
    >
    > Any comments on the running away bit of the roof on the left would be
    > greatly appreciated. I use Photoshop CS. I had to do a lot of
    > processing (eg. to correct convergence, Neat image, etc.) The file was
    > huge -420MB- or so. Has this disaster happened because I was not
    > patient enough for one operation to finish (it took ages), and may be I
    > saved it at the wrong moment? Any other possible explanations? Of
    > course, I noted the problem only *after* I had printed an A3+ picture,
    > on original Canon paper...

    If you saved the image in .psd format, use your History palette to
    review your images to see where the problem occurred.
    I suspect that you did an EDIT > TRANSFORM > ????? but made an error in
    the execution.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Thank you, this sounds more likely than the selection theory. In any
    case, from now on I shall save only in PSD (are there any problems
    (apart from increased file size) in saving PSD?

    In article <>, Bob Williams
    <> writes

    --
    nobody

    nobody nowhere, Jul 3, 2004
  5. nobody nowhere <> wrote in

    > Thank you, this sounds more likely than the selection theory. In any
    > case, from now on I shall save only in PSD (are there any problems
    > (apart from increased file size) in saving PSD?

    There is no real difference between the selection theory
    and the theory that you did something wrong when doing
    edit>transform. The error might have been to leave an
    unwanted selection before doing the transform. Personally,
    I can not think of any other mistake that can give the
    result you showed.

    No problems storing in PSD - other than it being a
    native PS format. Maybe some other tools cannot open
    the file - e.g. for printing. The format is rather
    complex and can contain stuff that are very PS
    specific. You can always collapse the picture to
    a TIF (in PS) before exporting the file to another
    application though.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Thank you, I am learning...