    I need to have all ports on the blade running at full non blocking speed.

    --
    Will
    Will, May 5, 2006

  2. On 05.05.2006 08:39 Will wrote

    > What are the part numbers for the 8 and 16 port gigabit ethernet blades that
    > have the higher speed mesh backplane, for the Cisco 650x series switches?

    Have a look at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080394e16.html
    to find out what exactly matches your needs. Afaik there is no 8 port
    GigE blade connecting to the SFM.

    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45
    Arnold Nipper, May 5, 2006

  3. Will

    Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    Arnold Nipper <> wrote:

    > On 05.05.2006 08:39 Will wrote
    >
    > > What are the part numbers for the 8 and 16 port gigabit ethernet blades
    > > that
    > > have the higher speed mesh backplane, for the Cisco 650x series switches?
    > >

    > Have a look at
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080394e16.html
    > to find out what exactly matches your needs. Afaik there is no 8 port
    > GigE blade connecting to the SFM.

    Also beware of mismatches between PFCs and DFCs - we've had conflicting
    reports from within Cisco about what's compatible with what and what the
    effect is of putting different forwarding cards into the same chassis.

    Sam Wilson
    Network Development Team, Infrastructure Services Division
    Computing Services, The University of Edinburgh
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Sam Wilson, May 5, 2006