Part 2 of the series I'm writing...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by CertGuard, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    Well, here it is...Part deux!

    The cheating industry that is devaluing IT certification - part two
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13646

    These are the other links I posted from the Part 1 post, in case ya missed
    'em. ;-)
    http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/

    This is part 1 of the article:
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13341

    Some other useful links:

    Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
    Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp

    --
    CertGuard
    You think you know IT?!?!

    CertGuard, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Scooby schrieb:

    > I think the real focus should be towards the tests themselves. I say make
    > these tests really hard, and open book/open resource. Then, braindumps
    > become useless. You would need to really understand what you are doing to
    > pass the test. Also, real life is open book. I use resources all the time
    > to complete my work. All good engineers know how to be resourceful, not
    > just apply what is in the memory banks. That is really what needs to be
    > tested.

    I believe, a certification which would really mean something, should
    include a test about solving problems, with all the basic informations
    available. Because this is what You have to be able to do in Your work,
    not to know some obscure parameters and numbers which You can easily
    google for.

    Peter Pradelski, Apr 11, 2007

  3. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    You're right, and I absolutely agree that braindumps will not be resolved until
    the tests themselves become more comprehensive. If you're not already aware,
    Microsoft has been using adaptive exams for a couple years now. I haven't taken
    one myself, but there are many people here that have. Maybe one of them can
    throw in their 2c about the adaptive exams.

    Educating people about the dangers of using braindumps is only one aspect that
    CertGuard is exploring. It's the whole "Arrest the 'Johns', to prevent the
    prostitutes from working" theory. We know it isn't 100% effective, but while we
    work on other methods of preventing cheating, we're trying to get the word out
    to as many people as possible that using braindumps is wrong.

    You've got a great idea about the exams being 'open book'. Although it would
    need a lot of refining, that is one possibility that, I too feel, should be
    looked into. I remember taking college exams, and the toughest exams were always
    the open book exams, because if you had to search for the information on even
    25% of the questions, you were going to fail the exam. Knowing the answers was
    always the best method of passing the exams, but you're never going to remember
    everything, and therefore, having the resources by your side is equally as
    important.

    Thanks for your comments Jim, why don't you (and your high horse) come on over
    to the CertGuard Forums?! We can always use a little opposition and fresh ideas.

    Again, thanks

    --
    CertGuard
    Get the new 'No Braindump' CertGear

    CertGuard, Apr 11, 2007
  4. CertGuard

    CertGuard Guest

    Although knowing obscure parameters and numbers helps at times, you're correct.
    I can't even count the number of times I've had to pull up a TechNet article to
    help me get through a problem, or gone searching through a book to find the set
    of command line commands used to check the setup of a mail client.

    Thanks for your input.

    CertGuard, Apr 11, 2007