    money was reimbursed.

    Yours sincerley

    C.Mundy. (mrs)
    JamesE Palmer, Sep 19, 2006

  2. JamesE Palmer

    me Guest

    "JamesE Palmer" <> wrote in message
    news:p4UPg.50033$...
    >8 Parrenthorn Rd
    > Prestwich
    > Manchester
    > M25 2rh
    >
    > Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00
    > fine for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a
    > shopping outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position,
    > displayed the valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My father
    > is a pensioner and cannot get out very much and I think that this was a
    > very cruel and selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this letter
    > but I feel that we were robbed on this occasion as we would not have done
    > it on purpose when the parking fee was approximately a pound.I would be
    > very grateful if his money was reimbursed.
    >
    > Yours sincerley
    >
    > C.Mundy. (mrs)

    Hmm,well I don't know what that has to do wit hthis group,and also
    displaying your home address isnt a very good idea. But let me ask why did
    he pay the fine if he thought he was in the right? He could have just
    appealed against it.
    me, Sep 19, 2006

  3. JamesE Palmer

    richard Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message

    > "JamesE Palmer" <> wrote in message
    >>8 Parrenthorn Rd
    >> Prestwich
    >> Manchester
    >> M25 2rh
    >>
    >> Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00
    >> fine for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a
    >> shopping outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position,
    >> displayed the valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My
    >> father is a pensioner and cannot get out very much and I think that this
    >> was a very cruel and selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this
    >> letter but I feel that we were robbed on this occasion as we would not
    >> have done it on purpose when the parking fee was approximately a pound.I
    >> would be very grateful if his money was reimbursed.
    >>
    >> Yours sincerley
    >>
    >> C.Mundy. (mrs)
    >>

    > Hmm,well I don't know what that has to do wit hthis group,and also
    > displaying your home address isnt a very good idea. But let me ask why did
    > he pay the fine if he thought he was in the right? He could have just
    > appealed against it.

    Obviously somebody wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.
    richard, Sep 19, 2006
  4. JamesE Palmer

    Guest

    Why post to this newsgroup?

    Try a Manchester group.

    http://www.easynn.com
    , Sep 19, 2006
  5. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:32:37 GMT, "JamesE Palmer"
    <> wrote:

    >8 Parrenthorn Rd
    >Prestwich
    >Manchester
    >M25 2rh
    >
    >Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00 fine
    >for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a shopping
    >outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position, displayed the
    >valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My father is a pensioner
    >and cannot get out very much and I think that this was a very cruel and
    >selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this letter but I feel that
    >we were robbed on this occasion as we would not have done it on purpose when
    >the parking fee was approximately a pound.I would be very grateful if his
    >money was reimbursed.
    >
    >Yours sincerley
    >
    >C.Mundy. (mrs)

    So.. You don't think that perhaps when you're writing whoever you
    think it is you're writing to contest a parking ticket, that it would
    be wise to reference the parking ticket number, date, time, etc?

    (Well, that and contacting the right people would be a start.)
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  6. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:42:35 -0600, "richard" <> wrote:

    >Obviously somebody wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.

    No shit?
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  7. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:54:57 +0100, wrote:

    >Why post to this newsgroup?

    Because the OP is clueless and probably thought they were contacting
    the court.

    >Try a Manchester group.

    I think a better suggestion (not that I believe the OP will ever read
    any replies here) would be to contact the court directly.
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  8. JamesE Palmer

    richard Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:32:37 GMT, "JamesE Palmer"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>8 Parrenthorn Rd
    >>Prestwich
    >>Manchester
    >>M25 2rh
    >>
    >>Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00
    >>fine
    >>for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a
    >>shopping
    >>outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position, displayed the
    >>valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My father is a
    >>pensioner
    >>and cannot get out very much and I think that this was a very cruel and
    >>selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this letter but I feel that
    >>we were robbed on this occasion as we would not have done it on purpose
    >>when
    >>the parking fee was approximately a pound.I would be very grateful if his
    >>money was reimbursed.
    >>
    >>Yours sincerley
    >>
    >>C.Mundy. (mrs)

    > So.. You don't think that perhaps when you're writing whoever you
    > think it is you're writing to contest a parking ticket, that it would
    > be wise to reference the parking ticket number, date, time, etc?
    >
    > (Well, that and contacting the right people would be a start.)

    no shit?
    richard, Sep 19, 2006
  9. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:02:19 -0600, "richard" <> wrote:

    >no shit?

    Hey dipshit, the only reason I haven't killfiled your dumb ass is
    otherwise I wouldn't see your replies to people telling them incorrect
    shit, and I can then warn the OP that you're a crackhead and not to be
    listened to, so just do us all a favor and STFU and / or (preferably
    and) FOAD..
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  10. JamesE Palmer

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:02:19 -0600, "richard" <> wrote:
    >
    >>no shit?

    > Hey dipshit, the only reason I haven't killfiled your dumb ass is
    > otherwise I wouldn't see your replies to people telling them incorrect
    > shit, and I can then warn the OP that you're a crackhead and not to be
    > listened to, so just do us all a favor and STFU and / or (preferably
    > and) FOAD..

    You must have some large killfile, eh?

    --
    You smelly bowl of seething ear wax.
    John Holmes, Sep 19, 2006
  11. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:02:19 -0600, "richard" <> wrote:
    >
    >> no shit?

    > Hey dipshit, the only reason I haven't killfiled your dumb ass is
    > otherwise I wouldn't see your replies to people telling them
    > incorrect shit, and I can then warn the OP that you're a crackhead
    > and not to be listened to, so just do us all a favor and STFU and / or (preferably
    > and) FOAD..

    Don'tcha know who he is? :)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 19, 2006
  12. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:57:14 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Don'tcha know who he is? :)

    A nutjob crackpot psycho?

    Other than that, yeah someone forwarded me his .. ahem.. tribute site.
    Evan Platt, Sep 19, 2006
  13. JamesE Palmer

    malc Guest

    >8 Parrenthorn Rd
    > Prestwich
    > Manchester
    > M25 2rh
    >
    > Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00
    > fine for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a
    > shopping outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position,
    > displayed the valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My father
    > is a pensioner and cannot get out very much and I think that this was a
    > very cruel and selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this letter
    > but I feel that we were robbed on this occasion as we would not have done
    > it on purpose when the parking fee was approximately a pound.I would be
    > very grateful if his money was reimbursed.
    >
    > Yours sincerley
    >
    > C.Mundy. (mrs)

    The letter is written as if it was you that parked up! There are strict
    rules about where you can and cannot use a blue badge and how it should be
    displayed. There are also limits on how long a person can park, so that
    disabled people or relatives using their badges don't abuse the system and
    make spaces unavailable for others.
    You should have advised the person to appeal if there was a genuine case,
    there is no point leaving it until afterwards and having a moan. Most
    disabled people don't seem to abuse the blue badge scheme, but there are
    often relatives only too willing to borrow a badge or car because they are a
    bit lazy. The badge isn't a licence to park where you like or how you like.
    Who owns the car, who is it registered to, whose name is the badge in and
    where was the car parked. If the badge was not displayed or the car was
    parked illegaly then the registered keeper would have the photo by now. If
    the registered keeper of the vehicle the blue badge is tied to feels there
    is a case then go for it.
    malc, Sep 19, 2006
  14. JamesE Palmer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:34:52 -0700, me Has Frothed:

    > "JamesE Palmer" <> wrote in message
    >>8 Parrenthorn Rd
    >> Prestwich
    >> Manchester
    >> M25 2rh
    >>
    >> Dear sirs I am writing on behalf of my father who has just paid a 40.00
    >> fine for a parking ticket that I don`t think he deserves.I took him on a
    >> shopping outing to Swinton where we parked on a disabled position,
    >> displayed the valid disability ticket and still received a fine. My
    >> father is a pensioner and cannot get out very much and I think that this
    >> was a very cruel and selfish act to do .I am sorry to have to write this
    >> letter but I feel that we were robbed on this occasion as we would not
    >> have done it on purpose when the parking fee was approximately a pound.I
    >> would be very grateful if his money was reimbursed.
    >>
    >> Yours sincerley
    >>
    >> C.Mundy. (mrs)
    >>

    > Hmm,well I don't know what that has to do wit hthis group,and also
    > displaying your home address isnt a very good idea. But let me ask why did
    > he pay the fine if he thought he was in the right? He could have just
    > appealed against it.

    One good reason not to use OE for both email and Usenet.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 20, 2006
  15. JamesE Palmer

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:57:28 -0400, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >One good reason not to use OE for both email and Usenet.

    Nothing wrong with using the same program for usenet and e-mail - if
    you have a clue.
    Evan Platt, Sep 20, 2006
  16. JamesE Palmer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:19:33 -0700, Evan Platt Has Frothed:

    > On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:57:28 -0400, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >
    >>One good reason not to use OE for both email and Usenet.

    > Nothing wrong with using the same program for usenet and e-mail - if you
    > have a clue.

    I used to use Agent for both email and Usenet. I was referring to OE as I
    have seen MANY of these email messages posted to usenet in my decade+
    here. Never seen one from another client that does both, only OE.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 21, 2006