Paris - La grande mosquee

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Vincent de Groot, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Vincent de Groot, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Vincent de Groot

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Vincent de Groot" <> wrote in message
    news:455aa87c$0$5111$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > we recently have visited Paris but we did not visit the standard
    > attractions. This is the result:
    >
    > http://www.photo-vinc.com/Galleries/travel/La Grande Mosquee/index.html

    Beautiful images. I have been there - there is a wonderful restaurant in
    the complex that we went to years ago, in what seems like another era. I
    particularly like the way you arrange things in the image, and the fact that
    you took the care to straighten the vertical lines. Black and white, for
    me, is like a time machine, and I feel as if I'm looking at images from long
    ago, which is very much in keeping with the subject matter. The mud covered
    boots were a disturbing comical interlude - I wonder who would do such a
    thing.
    Mike Russell, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Mike Russell wrote:
    > Beautiful images. I have been there - there is a wonderful restaurant in
    > the complex that we went to years ago, in what seems like another era.

    The restaurant is still there, you see the entrance on the first photograph.

    > I particularly like the way you arrange things in the image, and the fact that
    > you took the care to straighten the vertical lines. Black and white, for
    > me, is like a time machine, and I feel as if I'm looking at images from long
    > ago, which is very much in keeping with the subject matter. The mud covered
    > boots were a disturbing comical interlude - I wonder who would do such a
    > thing.

    Well the boots were from a person working on the construction, for that
    reason they fit in it. However I understand that not everybody might
    understand the context.

    Vincent de Groot, Nov 15, 2006