PARIS in sepia. 240 new pictures ;

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PS, May 28, 2008.

  1. PS

    PS Guest

    I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    Enjoy!
    Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:

    "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)

    There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:

    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=1
    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=2
    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=3
    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=4
    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=5
    http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=6

    Best Regards
    Pawel
    www.allPhoto.com.pl

    PS, May 28, 2008

  2. Re: PARIS in sepia. 240 new pictures ;

    On 28 May, 12:03, PS <> wrote:
    > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > Enjoy!
    > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:
    >
    > "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    > demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    > urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    > believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    > John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)
    >
    > There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:
    >
    > http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/...com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=6
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Pawelwww.allPhoto.com.pl

    Paris in Gloom...

    Olli M. Pousse, May 28, 2008

  3. PS

    iBust.info Guest

    On May 28, 8:28 am, "Olli M. Pousse" <> wrote:
    > On 28 May, 12:03, PS <> wrote:
    >

    > > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > > Enjoy!
    > > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:

    > > "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    > > demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    > > urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    > > believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    > > John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)

    > > There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:

    > >http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=1http...

    > > Best Regards
    > > Pawelwww.allPhoto.com.pl

    > Paris in Gloom...

    Yeah color pics look better. :)
    http://tinyalbum.com/a/323#6264

    iBust.info, May 28, 2008
  4. In article <200805281014368930-not@dotcom>, says...
    > On 2008-05-28 03:03:43 -0700, PS <> said:
    >
    > > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > > Enjoy!
    > > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:

    > The composition of some of these photos are nice. I just can't for the
    > life of me figure out why anyone would want to look at 240 SEPIA
    > pictures. B&W? Yes. Color? Of course. Sepia?? Maybe one or two. All of
    > them?

    The shots of illuminated signs in sepia were especially diconcerting
    ("I remember the old days when light was made with electricity")...

    --Gene

    Gene S. Berkowitz, May 28, 2008
  5. PS

    Guest

    On May 28, 8:03 pm, PS <> wrote:
    > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > Enjoy!
    > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:
    >
    > "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    > demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    > urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    > believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    > John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)
    >
    > There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:
    >
    > http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/...com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=41&page=6
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Pawelwww.allPhoto.com.pl

    I'm afraid I agree. Some nicely composed scenes, but the sepia is
    overdone and unrelenting. Also, your thumbnails are quite blurred -
    maybe check your gallery software settings..

    , May 28, 2008
  6. PS

    Guest

    On May 28, 8:03 pm, PS <> wrote:
    > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > Enjoy!
    > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:
    >
    > "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    > demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    > urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    > believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    > John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)
    >
    > There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:

    (links deleted)

    > Best Regards
    > Pawel

    Probably worth noting that Pawel posted his request to a lot of usenet
    groups, and has not returned to any of them.

    plonk.

    , Jun 3, 2008
  7. Re: PARIS in sepia. 240 new pictures ;

    On Jun 3, 1:41 am, wrote:
    > On May 28, 8:03 pm, PS <> wrote:
    >
    > > I've just uploaded pictures from my last trip to Paris.
    > > Enjoy!
    > > Found also nice quotation so which depicts the spirit of the city very well:

    > > "Every city has a sex and an age which have nothing to do with
    > > demography. Rome is feminine. So is Odessa. London is a teenager, an
    > > urchin, and, in this, hasn't changed since the time of Dickens. Paris, I
    > > believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman."
    > > John Berger (English Painter, b.1926)

    > > There are 240 pictures divided into 6 pages:

    > (links deleted)
    >
    > > Best Regards
    > > Pawel

    > Probably worth noting that Pawel posted his request to a lot of usenet
    > groups, and has not returned to any of them.
    >
    > plonk.

    He posts similar stuff periodically. I think he's trying to sell
    pictures.
    Or something. I've never been all that impressed by his work; YMMV.

    Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Non sequitur. Your ACKS are
    Grid: CN89mg uncoordinated."
    ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Nomad the Network Engineer

    laura halliday, Jun 4, 2008