"Paris by night" - panorama

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Henley, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    Mike Henley, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Mike Henley

    Scott W Guest

    Scott W, Jul 3, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Mike Henley wrote:
    > > Inspired!
    > >
    > > http://dura.cell.free.fr/home/images/parisbynight.jpg

    > Neat view point.
    >
    > Scott

    You might want to resize the image to make it download a bit quicker.
    In addition you should think about displaying it as a 360 interactive
    image. This way you have a smaller window which shows part of the image
    and the viewer scrolls with the mouse to rotate.
    A free viewer program is available as part of the pano tools software.

    For examples of 360 interactives you can look at my web site (along
    with many others).

    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    Robert Feinman wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Mike Henley wrote:
    > > > Inspired!
    > > >
    > > > http://dura.cell.free.fr/home/images/parisbynight.jpg

    > > Neat view point.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >

    > You might want to resize the image to make it download a bit quicker.

    It's not my shot. I don't know whose shot it is. I did *not* post or
    repost it online.

    Mike Henley, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Mike Henley

    Sheldon Guest

    "Mike Henley" <> wrote in message

    > Robert Feinman wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...

    >> > Neat view point.
    >> >
    >> > Scott
    >> >

    >> You might want to resize the image to make it download a bit quicker.

    > It's not my shot. I don't know whose shot it is. I did *not* post or
    > repost it online.

    Whoever shot it -- very cool! I wonder if it was stitched, or shot with a
    panoramic camera. Doesn't say whether it's digital or not.
    Sheldon, Jul 3, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    "Mike Henley" <> wrote:

    > Inspired!
    >
    > http://dura.cell.free.fr/home/images/parisbynight.jpg

    Nice pic. Too bad the account seems to be anonymous.

    I'm surprised that Paris is using pink/yellow street lights! You'd
    think that a city priding itself on beauty would have upgraded to full
    spectrum lighting.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jul 3, 2005
  7. Mike Henley

    colin. Guest

    colin., Jul 3, 2005
  8. Mike Henley

    Frank ess Guest

    Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Mike Henley" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Inspired!
    >>
    >> http://dura.cell.free.fr/home/images/parisbynight.jpg

    > Nice pic. Too bad the account seems to be anonymous.
    >
    > I'm surprised that Paris is using pink/yellow street lights! You'd
    > think that a city priding itself on beauty would have upgraded to
    > full
    > spectrum lighting.

    I understand the Eiffel's lighting is copyrighted. How much do they
    charge for an image this size?

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Jul 3, 2005