Paris by night - France

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tom, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. tom

    tom Guest

    tom, Feb 5, 2007

  2. tom wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night
    >
    > It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm
    >
    > Thank's for visits and comments.

    Tres bien fait. Nice job, and thanks for posting the links. Of course, I
    was half expecting the notorious young woman of same name, but was
    pleasantly surprised.

    Is there any exposure info on your site? Could you state a bit what
    speed, ISO, aperture you used?

    Un <<tripod>>, non?

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 5, 2007

  3. tom

    tom Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > Tres bien fait. Nice job, and thanks for posting the links. Of course, I
    > was half expecting the notorious young woman of same name, but was
    > pleasantly surprised.
    >
    > Is there any exposure info on your site? Could you state a bit what speed,
    > ISO, aperture you used?
    >
    > Un <<tripod>>, non?
    >
    > --
    > John McWilliams

    Thanks,

    All the photographs were taken on "tripod" (? I don't kown how to write
    in English),
    - Nikon D200,
    - 100 ISO,
    - shutter speed 10 to 30 seconds,
    - aperture 14 to 20,
    - Sigma 70/200 f/2,8 and Sigma 18/50 f/2,8
    - and Nikon Capture NX

    Regards,
    Tom
    http://tomcuss.free.fr
    (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    tom, Feb 5, 2007
  4. tom

    Just D Guest

    Nice photos, remind me my working trip there over 10 years ago. Is there any
    way to get these pictures for my private review? It would be nice to have
    this collection... Also are you having similar for Strasbourg?

    Just D.

    Just D, Feb 5, 2007
  5. tom

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "tom" <> wrote in message
    > "John McWilliams" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >>
    >> Tres bien fait. Nice job, and thanks for posting the links. Of course, I
    >> was half expecting the notorious young woman of same name, but was
    >> pleasantly surprised.
    >>
    >> Is there any exposure info on your site? Could you state a bit what
    >> speed, ISO, aperture you used?
    >>
    >> Un <<tripod>>, non?
    >>
    >> --
    >> John McWilliams

    > Thanks,
    >
    > All the photographs were taken on "tripod" (? I don't kown how to write
    > in English),
    > - Nikon D200,
    > - 100 ISO,
    > - shutter speed 10 to 30 seconds,
    > - aperture 14 to 20,
    > - Sigma 70/200 f/2,8 and Sigma 18/50 f/2,8
    > - and Nikon Capture NX
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tom
    > http://tomcuss.free.fr
    > (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    Jalbum has provision to show the details of exposure that are embedded in
    each image. EXIF

    Look for it.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 5, 2007
  6. tom

    tom Guest

    "Rudy Benner" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > Jalbum has provision to show the details of exposure that are embedded in
    > each image. EXIF
    >
    > Look for it.

    Hello,
    Yes, thanks, I know but I don't want to use it.

    Regard,
    Tom

    tom, Feb 5, 2007
  7. tom

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "tom" <> wrote in message

    > "Rudy Benner" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >>
    >> Jalbum has provision to show the details of exposure that are embedded in
    >> each image. EXIF
    >>
    >> Look for it.

    > Hello,
    > Yes, thanks, I know but I don't want to use it.
    >
    > Regard,
    > Tom

    Very nice, fantastic.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 5, 2007
  8. tom

    tom Guest

    "Just D" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    l%Oxh.46299$...
    > Nice photos, remind me my working trip there over 10 years ago. Is there
    > any way to get these pictures for my private review? It would be nice to
    > have this collection... Also are you having similar for Strasbourg?
    >
    > Just D.

    Thanks for comment,
    I don't have for Strasbourg.
    It is my first series of night.
    For the moment, the series is incomplete and I prefer not too much not to
    diffuse these pictures. Soon perhaps. Thank you for the interest

    Regard,
    Tom

    tom, Feb 5, 2007
  9. tom

    Just D Guest

    Actually I love not only Paris but also Strasbourg and Colmar, if you could
    that one day the whole world would say you thanks! :)

    I found a few links on the Internet, not so many, but with very nice photos.
    Although all they are truncated, just a few are large but the quality is far
    from good.

    http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=colmar france

    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s?q=colmar+france&svnum=100&hl=en&newwindow=1

    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s?q=colmar+france&svnum=100&hl=en&newwindow=1

    http://perso.orange.fr/j.sperandio/siteperso/siteperso/images/vignette colmar.jpg

    http://perso.orange.fr/jlf/hors/colmar.jpg

    Does anybody in this newsgroup have any good photos from these cities?

    Just D.

    Just D, Feb 6, 2007
  10. tom

    tom Guest

    "Rudy Benner" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > "tom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rudy Benner" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >>>
    >>> Jalbum has provision to show the details of exposure that are embedded
    >>> in each image. EXIF
    >>>
    >>> Look for it.

    >> Hello,
    >> Yes, thanks, I know but I don't want to use it.
    >>
    >> Regard,
    >> Tom

    > Very nice, fantastic.

    Thanks

    Tom

    tom, Feb 6, 2007
  11. tom

    tom Guest

    "Just D" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    7APxh.46300$...
    > Actually I love not only Paris but also Strasbourg and Colmar, if you
    > could that one day the whole world would say you thanks! :)
    >
    > I found a few links on the Internet, not so many, but with very nice
    > photos. Although all they are truncated, just a few are large but the
    > quality is far from good.

    > Does anybody in this newsgroup have any good photos from these cities?
    >
    > Just D.

    I know Strasbourg and Colmar, there are beautiful cities. But I never made
    photograph. One day surely. but when ?

    Regard,
    Tom

    tom, Feb 6, 2007
  12. tom wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night
    >
    > It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm
    >
    > Thank's for visits and comments.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Tom
    > http://tomcuss.free.fr
    > (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    Dear Tom,

    Formidable. I greatly enjoyed seeing your wonderful night photographs.
    They bring back wonderful memories of a delayed honeymoon. I'm American,
    and while studying in Utrecht in 1955, I was married there. Two months
    later, we had a delayed weekend honeymoon in Paris. Third class train, a
    room in a school dormitory with W.C. and sink down the hall, food at the
    University of Paris cafeteria. Very little money then, but we loved it.
    The City of Lights was gorgeous then.

    Thanks again for posting your lovely images.

    Regards,

    Morton Linder

    Morton Linder, Feb 6, 2007
  13. tom

    Robert Barr Guest

    Robert Barr, Feb 6, 2007
  14. tom

    Just D Guest

    Just D, Feb 6, 2007
  15. tom

    tom Guest

    "Morton Linder" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    BNRxh.3070$...
    > tom wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night
    >>
    >> It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm
    >>
    >> Thank's for visits and comments.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Tom
    >> http://tomcuss.free.fr
    >> (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)
    >>

    > Dear Tom,
    >
    > Formidable. I greatly enjoyed seeing your wonderful night photographs.
    > They bring back wonderful memories of a delayed honeymoon. I'm American,
    > and while studying in Utrecht in 1955, I was married there. Two months
    > later, we had a delayed weekend honeymoon in Paris. Third class train, a
    > room in a school dormitory with W.C. and sink down the hall, food at the
    > University of Paris cafeteria. Very little money then, but we loved it.
    > The City of Lights was gorgeous then.
    >
    > Thanks again for posting your lovely images.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Morton Linder

    Thanks very much, Morton Linder,
    I know, my English isn't very good. But if my pictures could point out good
    memories to you, I am really happy.

    Best regard,
    Tom

    tom, Feb 6, 2007
  16. tom

    tom Guest

    "Robert Barr" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    mVSxh.16099$...
    > tom wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night
    >>
    >> It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm
    >>
    >> Thank's for visits and comments.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Tom
    >> http://tomcuss.free.fr
    >> (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)
    >>

    > Beautiful work, to these untrained eyes.
    >
    > Doesn't Paris have any cheerleaders?

    Thanks Robert,

    But what is "cheerleaders" ?

    My English is very bad and I don't know about it

    Regard
    Tom

    tom, Feb 6, 2007
  17. tom

    Just D Guest

    Just D, Feb 6, 2007
  18. tom

    tom Guest

    tom, Feb 6, 2007
  19. tom

    Hoover Guest

    Wow!! Beautiful photos - the nicest I've seen posted on the internet in
    some time.

    Hoover, Feb 6, 2007
  20. tom

    Hal Lowe Guest

    On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:28:22 +0100, "tom" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Some news pictures in my web : Paris by night
    >
    >It's here : http://tomcuss.free.fr/webphoto/Paris_La_Nuit/index.htm
    >
    >Thank's for visits and comments.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Tom
    >http://tomcuss.free.fr
    >(enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    Hello Tom,

    Nicely done! I've added a link to one of my pages for you:
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
    Click on the "Photo Galleries" link.

    Take care,

    Hal Lowe