Paris by night - France - Part 5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tom, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. tom

    tom Guest

    tom, Apr 28, 2007

  2. tom

    Soren Guest

    Hi,

    Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

    Soren

    Soren, Apr 28, 2007

  3. tom

    tom Guest

    "Soren" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    >
    >Soren

    Thanks for comment.

    I use D200, Nikon 17/55 f/2,8 and Capture NX for traitement

    Regards

    tom
    http://www.tomcuss.fr
    (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    tom, Apr 28, 2007
  4. tom

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

    If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    etc that he used?

    This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    into the image.
    --
    Neil
    reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

    Neil Ellwood, Apr 29, 2007
  5. tom

    tom Guest

    "Neil Ellwood" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: ...
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    >>

    > If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    > etc that he used?
    >
    > This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    > picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    > into the image.
    > --
    > Neil
    > reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

    Hello,

    Excuse my bad English. And I hope not to make a misinterpretation
    Thank's for your standpoint.
    However, even if I share a little your point of view, I can understand that
    one can also ask with which technique that was carried out.
    For this reason I answered.

    Regards

    tom
    http://www.tomcuss.fr
    (enlever nopub pour m'écrire)

    tom, Apr 29, 2007
  6. In article <>, cral.elllwood2
    @btopenworld.com says...
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    > >

    > If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    > etc that he used?

    Yes. Most are just as willing to talk about techniques and materials as
    they are about their, much more nebulous, 'inspiration' or 'vision'.

    > This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    > picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    > into the image.

    Is it dark up there ?

    T.
    --
    Do Binary Tripods have 11 legs ?

    Tony Gartshore, Apr 29, 2007
  7. "Neil Ellwood" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    >>

    > If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    > etc that he used?
    >
    > This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    > picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    > into the image.
    > --
    > Neil

    Touchy insecure amateur, does'nt know enough so won't share the little he
    knows.
    And to the contrary, a secure painter would have no problem telling what
    brushes produced what effect as it would have no bearing on genius.

    Eyeroll

    JB

    Jackson Bryan, Apr 29, 2007
  8. "Tony Gartshore" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, cral.elllwood2
    > @btopenworld.com says...
    >> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    >> >

    >> If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    >> etc that he used?
    >>

    > Yes. Most are just as willing to talk about techniques and materials as
    > they are about their, much more nebulous, 'inspiration' or 'vision'.
    >
    >> This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    >> picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    >> into the image.
    >>

    > Is it dark up there ?
    >
    > T.

    LOL!

    JB

    Jackson Bryan, Apr 29, 2007
  9. Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?
    >>

    > If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    > etc that he used?

    Well, I'm not a painter. I wouldn't understand his answers.

    I *do* love the old joke that the difference between painters and
    photographers is that two painters can talk for hours without once
    mentioning brushes. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be true, from my
    experience hanging around with SF artists at conventions; they *do* seem
    to like to talk about tools and techniques.

    > This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    > picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    > into the image.

    It's certainly true that the tools is just a tool. However, if I don't
    know how to produce those results, I couldn't have made the image even
    if I had had the vision; asking about the tech isn't completely crazy.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 29, 2007
  10. tom

    Soren Guest

    On Apr 29, 10:58 am, Neil Ellwood <>
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:20:09 -0700, Soren wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > Nice pictures!! What equipment do you use for these pictures?

    > If you go to an art exhibition do you ask the artist what brushes, paint
    > etc that he used?
    >
    > This is really insulting; it is the artist/photographer that makes the
    > picture and the equipment is merely the tool(s) to translate idea/vision
    > into the image.
    > --
    > Neil
    > reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email

    LOL! So the guy has beautiful pictures and I can't ask him how he
    produced his results? i.e. Learn a little from the artist?

    I think you're missing the point here.. To make great pictures like
    these requires two things: the right equipment, and talent for
    choosing the right locations, setup etc. He can show med the brushes
    and the paint.. but he can't really teach me to paint beautiful
    pictures, but with the right equipment i can practice.

    To me it would seem arrogant to think of yourself so much as an artist
    that even your equipment is a secret. It's not a recipe for coca cola
    we are talking about!

    So in answer to your question, yes i do think a brilliant artist would
    be willing to discuss technique after I commented on his picture. I
    have no idea how you find that insulting... but maybe you weren't
    really serious? :)

    Soren

    Soren, Apr 30, 2007