Parasite finder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mcploppy ©, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    I have found this brilliant (I think) site for finding all the wee
    "unsolicited commercial software" apps that can be placed on your machine
    whilst browsing....

    Dont know how good it really is as I dont have any on my machine as I use
    spybot etc,

    Perhaps...... it could be a good place to try initially when people are
    complaining of pop ups, browser homepages being hijacked etc.

    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    Hope somebody finds it usefull.

    --
    Greg Crawford
    { Remove both MyShoes to email me}

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Mcploppy ©

    °Mike° Guest

    The doxdesk script will ONLY find certain parasites.
    You should use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    The Doxdesk site is excellent for *information* on parasites, though.

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:16:31 +0100, in
    <bfp47i$hf3hc$-berlin.de>
    Mcploppy © scrawled:

    > I have found this brilliant (I think) site for finding all the wee
    >"unsolicited commercial software" apps that can be placed on your machine
    >whilst browsing....
    >
    >Dont know how good it really is as I dont have any on my machine as I use
    >spybot etc,
    >
    >Perhaps...... it could be a good place to try initially when people are
    >complaining of pop ups, browser homepages being hijacked etc.
    >
    >http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
    >
    >Hope somebody finds it usefull.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    I didn'y mean it as a fix, I meant it as information....i.e a quick way to
    find out... :)

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Mcploppy ©

    °Mike° Guest

    I see. Then yes, it is an excellent source, often quoted in
    this group.

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:52:06 +0100, in
    <bfp6a9$gdies$-berlin.de>
    Mcploppy © scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Mcploppy ©

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Ok doky... I hadn't heard of it before

    °Mike° Bashed at the keyboard and said:

    > I see. Then yes, it is an excellent source, often quoted in
    > this group.

    <SNIP>

    Mcploppy ©, Jul 24, 2003