    Can anybody tell me if its possible to convert a pc with pararrel ports to
    use exterior usb kit like cameras printers via a cable. Any help would be
    gratefully received .k.collins{@blueyonder.co.uk

    kev collins, Nov 19, 2005

  2. kev collins

    Robert Baer Guest

    kev collins wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me if its possible to convert a pc with pararrel ports to
    > use exterior usb kit like cameras printers via a cable. Any help would be
    > gratefully received .k.collins{@blueyonder.co.uk

    Chweck the converter that Jameco has; i do not remember the direction
    (or preferred direction) of the conversion.

    Robert Baer, Nov 20, 2005

  3. kev collins

    Brian Guest

    You can buy an add on pci card for adding USB ports. It works much better
    than converting the parallel port. Check you local electronics store or
    www.newegg.com

    Brian, Nov 22, 2005