    just had windows reistalled and now it doesn't recognise my scanner through
    the par port. it is enabled and cabled correctly. any ideas on what could be
    wrong and how to resolve ?

    kevin, Jan 1, 2008

  2. kevin

    Misheck Guest

    What OS are you using?
    Have you also tried installing the software first and then when the software
    request for you to connect the scanner then connect the scanner, since its
    a parallel port scanner I would assume its not pnp. But try installing the
    software first and if you have upgraded the software try getting the update
    version.

    If noone of this work try the manufacturer website for more information or
    send me am email with scanner details and what OS you are using.

    Misheck, Jan 1, 2008

  3. kevin

    kevin Guest

    I'm running xp and the scanner is an old primax and they do not support this
    model now on xp. i have downloaded the suggested driver and hasn't worked as
    it has done previously. i think something has changed re the par port itself
    as somehow. the driver is p36_ennt and this has resolved previous problems
    with restoring after a crash

    kevin, Jan 2, 2008
  4. kevin

    Misheck Guest

    Do they have drivers for windows 2000 if so try them and also try driver
    update in device manager.

    Otherwise the only other solution is searching pn the internet for other
    forums discussing about the scanner.

    Misheck

    Misheck, Jan 2, 2008