Paragon Partition Manager 8.0 for x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jud Hendrix, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Jud Hendrix

    M. Murcek Guest

    M. Murcek, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Jud Hendrix

    Graham Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    > Pro, Server and Server Enterprise for x64 since the new version 8
    > http://www.partition-manager.com/comparison.htm

    Unfortunately another company that thinks x64 users have bottomless
    pockets. $50 for regular XP, $100 to get x64 support. I'd have to be
    repartitioning almost daily to find that to be value for money.

    Graham.
    Graham, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Jud Hendrix

    M. Murcek Guest

    All I can say to that is, a reliable backup is a beautiful thing, and these
    people (Paragon) have always taken the time to answer my emails personally,
    and that's *priceless*...

    M. Murcek, Aug 31, 2006
  5. you're kidding, right? When Acronis works a charm and can be had for well
    less than that.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2006
  6. Here we go again, just like Diskeeper tried to do to us. Let's hope these
    folks listen the way Diskeeper did.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 31, 2006
  7. Jud Hendrix

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 30-Aug-2006, "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    wrote:

    > you're kidding, right? When Acronis works a charm and can be had for well
    > less than that.

    I still like using qtparted from a live linux distro. It resizes NTFS
    partitions without damaging the files/operating system contained on it and
    creates partitions easily.

    Best of all is the cost--free..
    Sam Crawford, Aug 31, 2006
  8. Jud Hendrix

    Graham Guest

    M. Murcek wrote:
    > All I can say to that is, a reliable backup is a beautiful thing, and these
    > people (Paragon) have always taken the time to answer my emails personally,
    > and that's *priceless*...

    According to their web site is is $1000 if you want the version which
    does backups: Enterprise Server Edition. If you are running a large data
    centre this might well make sense, but for general use, it clearly doesn't.

    Graham.
    Graham, Sep 1, 2006
  9. Jud Hendrix

    Graham Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > you're kidding, right? When Acronis works a charm and can be had for well
    > less than that.

    Unfortunately, I kid you not.

    Unless you insist on repartitioning a running system (which is madness
    in my opinion), and assuming the Paragon Personal Edition (i.e. the $50
    one) is bootable, you could almost certainly use that for a system with
    x64 on it.

    Graham.
    Graham, Sep 1, 2006
  10. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:16:33 -0700, Graham <>
    wrote:

    >Paragon Personal Edition [...] x64

    The Personal Edition isn't x64-compatible.

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 1, 2006
  11. Jud Hendrix

    Graham Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    > On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:16:33 -0700, Graham <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Paragon Personal Edition [...] x64

    > The Personal Edition isn't x64-compatible.

    If it is bootable, it doesn't need to be.

    Graham.
    Graham, Sep 1, 2006