Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8 for free!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Kenny

    why? Guest

    why?, Mar 23, 2007

  3. Kenny

    EricP Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:27:24 GMT, why?

    >On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:51:32 -0000, Kenny wrote:
    >
    >>All above board, it's an offer from Computeractive magazine.
    >>Go here first to download it.
    >>http://www.computeractive.co.uk/hdmanager8/index
    >>Then here:
    >>http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/scripts/freelink/en/index.jsp?product_id=2745
    >>to get a registration code.
    >>Although referred to as special edition it is the full commercial version.

    >It would be special in, lets guess.
    >
    >No support?
    >No upgrade to next version?
    >No patches?
    >
    >Me

    As usual your analysis of the situation is impeccable, but a trifle
    churlish, and likely to needlessly dampen the OP's enthusiasm for
    future sharing.
    EricP, Mar 23, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Tester Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:27:24 GMT, why?

    >On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:51:32 -0000, Kenny wrote:
    >
    >>All above board, it's an offer from Computeractive magazine.
    >>Go here first to download it.
    >>http://www.computeractive.co.uk/hdmanager8/index
    >>http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/scripts/freelink/en/index.jsp?product_id=2745
    >>to get a registration code.
    >>Although referred to as special edition it is the full commercial version.

    >It would be special in, lets guess.
    >
    >No support?
    >No upgrade to next version?
    >No patches?
    >
    >Me

    Er um what about "it's on an ftp server which is down and, from
    Computeractive's forums, has been down for a few days"?

    I suppose it could be my U.S. IP - the server accepts telnet to port
    21 but immediately disconnects without the normal banner that you get
    from a working ftp server when you telnet to port 21. British
    computer magazines (I'm not sure about this one) ARE available at U.S.
    chain book stores and certain news stands although they cost too much
    especially now that there's more computer literature on line than one
    could read in 20 lifetimes. (and enough good computer literature for a
    month or two)

    Tester, Mar 23, 2007
  5. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:36:09 GMT, EricP wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:27:24 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:51:32 -0000, Kenny wrote:
    >>
    >>>All above board, it's an offer from Computeractive magazine.
    >>>Go here first to download it.
    >>>http://www.computeractive.co.uk/hdmanager8/index
    >>>Then here:
    >>>http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/scripts/freelink/en/index.jsp?product_id=2745
    >>>to get a registration code.
    >>>Although referred to as special edition it is the full commercial version.

    >>It would be special in, lets guess.
    >>
    >>No support?
    >>No upgrade to next version?
    >>No patches?
    >>
    >>Me

    >As usual your analysis of the situation is impeccable, but a trifle
    >churlish, and likely to needlessly dampen the OP's enthusiasm for

    It was :) wasn't it.

    It's also likely to be an issue worth knowing about prior to taking up
    this type of free offer, if someone doesn't feel comfortable with this
    type of product or does run into problems.

    >future sharing.

    Wasn't the sharing between readers of VNU publications / vendor ... oh
    well.

    Me
    why?, Mar 23, 2007
  6. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:40:28 -0400, Tester wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:27:24 GMT, why?
    >

    >>On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:51:32 -0000, Kenny wrote:
    >>
    >>>All above board, it's an offer from Computeractive magazine.
    >>>Go here first to download it.
    >>>http://www.computeractive.co.uk/hdmanager8/index
    >>>http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/scripts/freelink/en/index.jsp?product_id=2745
    >>>to get a registration code.
    >>>Although referred to as special edition it is the full commercial version.

    >>It would be special in, lets guess.
    >>
    >>No support?
    >>No upgrade to next version?
    >>No patches?
    >>
    >>Me

    >Er um what about "it's on an ftp server which is down and, from
    >Computeractive's forums, has been down for a few days"?

    Not an issue, I haven't even tried, having a registered server edition
    of another Paragon product.

    >I suppose it could be my U.S. IP - the server accepts telnet to port
    >21 but immediately disconnects without the normal banner that you get

    Not that, it's just a simple not working.

    >from a working ftp server when you telnet to port 21. British
    >computer magazines (I'm not sure about this one) ARE available at U.S.

    They are, often the special offers aren't valid.

    Ah it says,
    This download offer expires 11/04/2007. The publisher reserves the right
    to stop this offer at anytime without notice.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Mar 23, 2007