Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Pro - free

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by joe_90, Aug 28, 2009.

  1. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    until midnight (BST) 28th August 2009, so you need to be quick.

    "Paragon's Drive Backup is a backup tool that will backup an
    image of either your entire hard drive or a partition. Better
    still, with the new Hot Backup function, you'll be able to
    backup your data whilst you're still working on your computer,
    with minimum impact. If you find you have a problem
    and you need to restore your data, you can restore from
    a backup image at any time, without requiring you to
    install further software.

    The new Paragon Drive Backup 9 now enables you to backup
    files and folders, rather than your entire drive, exclude
    certain files or folders from a drive backup and also
    restore your drive to a different drive or system, if necessary.

    Note that this software is compatible with Windows 2000,
    Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit),
    WinPE CD is not included."

    http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/2158058/paragon-drive-backup

    Registration:

    http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/db9pro.html

    (credit to alt.comp.freeware newsgroup)

    joe_90, Aug 28, 2009

  2. joe_90

    RayC Guest

    Wrong country---------------Ya dick

    RayC, Aug 28, 2009

  3. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > Wrong country---------------Ya dick

    Thanks for the polite and constructive response RayC, would you care to
    elaborate so we can all benefit from the research you have undertaken?

    joe_90, Aug 28, 2009
  4. In message <h77p86$p6b$>, joe_90 wrote:

    > Note that this software is compatible with Windows 2000,
    > Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit) ...

    Yet another reason why 64-bit Windows is still struggling to gain traction.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 28, 2009
  5. joe_90

    John Guest

    On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:27:41 +1200, RayC wrote:

    > Wrong country---------------Ya dick

    Go to the registration page that the OP gave and enter the country you
    live in.

    John, Aug 28, 2009
  6. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs John wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:27:41 +1200, RayC wrote:
    >
    >> Wrong country---------------Ya dick

    > Go to the registration page that the OP gave and enter the country you
    > live in.

    You're a better man than I Gunga Din.

    There's no way I'd help anyone who 'spoke' like that to someone who was
    being helpful to the whole group.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 28, 2009
  7. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > Wrong country---------------Ya dick

    Well it's a bit academic now because the offer has ended, but for the
    record the offer was not restricted by country. If you had bothered to
    check the links I provided you would have determined this yourself.

    Being quick to abuse yet slow to admit fault is not an admirable trait
    RayC, but then I guess it must be difficult for you to type an apology
    when your foot is firmly lodged in your mouth.

    joe_90, Aug 29, 2009
  8. joe_90

    Mark C Guest

    Mark C, Aug 29, 2009
  9. joe_90

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Re: Paragon Total Defrag 2009 - free?

    Mark C wrote:
    > Mark C <> wrote in
    >
    >> It may be 11am 29-Aug-09 in the UK right now, but I've just
    >> registered and received an email...

    > How about Paragon Total Defrag 2009 - free?
    >
    > I haven't tried to download or register it, but worth a try, given
    > that I could download Drive Backup after the offer expired...
    >
    > http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/td2009.html
    > http://download.paragon-software.com/demo/ptd_tr.exe

    What's wrong with dd?

    Sailor Sam, Aug 29, 2009
  10. joe_90

    Mark C Guest

    Re: Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 - free?

    Sailor Sam <> wrote in

    > Mark C wrote:
    >> Mark C <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> It may be 11am 29-Aug-09 in the UK right now, but I've just
    >>> registered and received an email...

    >> How about Paragon Total Defrag 2009 - free?
    >>
    >> I haven't tried to download or register it, but worth a try,
    >> given that I could download Drive Backup after the offer
    >> expired...
    >>
    >> http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/td2009.html
    >> http://download.paragon-software.com/demo/ptd_tr.exe
    >>

    > What's wrong with dd?

    Probably nothing wrong.
    I'd likely try MyDefrag myself.

    I retract "but worth a try" ... ;-)

    How about Partition Manager 9.5 Professional free?

    http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/pm95pro

    Install file *possibly* still available via these links (I do not
    vouch for any of these links):
    http://dottech.org/freebies/7958
    http://www.filedropper.com/pargon95pro_1
    http://www.raymond.cc/forum/freebies/13394-paragon-partition-manager-9-5-professional.html

    More might be found using:
    http://groups.google.co.nz/groups/search?q=www.paragon-software.com/registration

    --
    Cheers,
    Mark

    Mark C, Aug 29, 2009
  11. Re: Paragon Total Defrag 2009 - free?

    In message <h7b04n$86v$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:

    > What's wrong with dd?

    1) It's not a defragging tool.
    2) Linux doesn't need defragging.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 29, 2009
  12. joe_90

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-08-29, Mark C <> wrote:
    > Sailor Sam <> wrote in
    >
    >> Mark C wrote:
    >>> Mark C <> wrote in

    >>> How about Paragon Total Defrag 2009 - free?
    >>>
    >>> I haven't tried to download or register it, but worth a try,
    >>> given that I could download Drive Backup after the offer
    >>> expired...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/td2009.html
    >>> http://download.paragon-software.com/demo/ptd_tr.exe
    >>>

    >> What's wrong with dd?

    > Probably nothing wrong.
    > I'd likely try MyDefrag myself.

    Right then, pull yourself together. People have been doing it for eons.

    Gordon, Aug 30, 2009