Paragon Drive Backup 2004 recovery problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Les Hewitt, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. Les Hewitt

    Les Hewitt Guest

    I recently tried to restore the primary (and only) partition on my second
    hard disk. I'd made a backup using Paragon Drive Backup 2004. The image
    spanned 8 DVDs.

    When I ran the program it read the first DVD and then, with about 1 hour 50
    minutes left on the overall progress meter, it said it wanted to restart the
    PC to complete the operation. Hmmm. I supposed it was fair enough. It did
    seem to know that it had more restoring to do, so I hit the OK button for
    the restart. Not surprisingly it restarted the PC.

    What it didn't do however was ask for the next DVD in the series, which was
    a bit of a surprise and a disappointment to me. It seemed pretty sure it had
    finished the job. Trouble is, it only replaced about 35 GB (that must've
    been compressed to **** on the DVD if it's true) and I'm left to wonder what
    the bloody hell the other 7 DVDs are for, and why it doesn't seem to want
    any truck with them. :-S

    Many of the "recovered" files are corrupt (waves and JPEGs in particular)
    and therefore unusable.

    Can anyone who's used the program please help me out of this tricky
    situation?

    Les Hewitt, Oct 30, 2005