    which is a total lie, because its not solved.

    If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    , May 5, 2005

  2. DoggNZ Guest

    On 5 May 2005 13:06:54 -0700, wrote:

    <snip rant>

    >If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    You can't even get the name of your own country right so who cares
    what you think.

    DoggNZ, May 5, 2005

  3. PAM. Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    Cancelled mine 5 days ago. Going Broadband with Slingshot.

    PAM.

    PAM., May 5, 2005
  4. Anybody Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
    > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
    > arrived.
    >
    > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
    > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
    >
    > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    It may well be solved, but it's possible that there's a large backlog
    of email to deliver (many sending servers keep trying for X hours
    before giving up and returning an error report to the sender), plus if
    it was having major problems the emails could have been returned.

    I don't know how long Paradise have been having problems, but ihug kept
    trying to patch a faulty newsserver (and failing) for about a whole
    year or more. We've finally got a new one, supposedly, but they chopped
    out most of the binaries newsgroups (except the porn ones of course) in
    the process of trying to "fix" the old one. :-(

    Anybody, May 5, 2005
  5. T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
    > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
    > arrived.
    >
    > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
    > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
    >
    > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    I see it's *not* resolved yet - their homepage has been updated...

    http://www.paradise.net.nz/

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, May 5, 2005
  6. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Anybody" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
    > > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
    > > arrived.
    > >
    > > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
    > > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
    > >
    > > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    > It may well be solved, but it's possible that there's a large backlog
    > of email to deliver (many sending servers keep trying for X hours
    > before giving up and returning an error report to the sender), plus if
    > it was having major problems the emails could have been returned.
    >
    > I don't know how long Paradise have been having problems, but ihug kept
    > trying to patch a faulty newsserver (and failing) for about a whole
    > year or more. We've finally got a new one, supposedly, but they chopped
    > out most of the binaries newsgroups (except the porn ones of course) in
    > the process of trying to "fix" the old one. :-(

    What a bunch of crap. The bad year of news service problems at ihug
    happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed,
    took a year of lies before someone fixed it with a new replacement.
    The new news server at ihug has only been a recent upgrade.

    Paradise knew they had problems but chose not to tell their customers until
    the shit hit the fan with the talk of the problems by poor Paradise
    customers in the newsgroups.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 5, 2005
  7. Rob J Guest

    In article <> in
    nz.comp on 5 May 2005 13:06:54 -0700, <>
    says...
    > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
    > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
    > arrived.
    >
    > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
    > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
    >
    > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    First it was their news servers. Now it's their mail servers.

    Rob J, May 5, 2005
  8. Jay Guest

    > happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed

    Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a few
    times.
    hard drive. Not Hard Drive.

    Jay

    Jay, May 6, 2005
  9. Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
    > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
    > arrived.
    >
    > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
    > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
    >
    > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

    There webpage is also looking sick, part of it is stuck on teh left of the
    screen.

    They say their problems are caused by a virus affecting servers worldwide.
    First I have heard of this, as it hasn't reached the media?

    Rob, May 6, 2005
  10. Steve Guest

    This one is valid. It's the latest sober virus, and don't open any emails
    offering you tickets to the world cup.

    Steve

    Steve, May 6, 2005
  11. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >
    >> happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed

    > Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a
    > few times.
    > hard drive. Not Hard Drive.
    >
    > Jay

    Who gives a shit?

    If I want to name the computer hardware that way then I fucking will.
    You see a lot of things in that vast imagination of yours.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 6, 2005
  12. A.Poster Guest

    Jay wrote:

    > Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a few
    > times.

    Should we comment each time you use words such as 'coz'?

    A.Poster, May 6, 2005
  13. Jay Guest

    "A.Poster" <> wrote in message
    > Jay wrote:
    >
    >> Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a
    >> few times.

    > Should we comment each time you use words such as 'coz'?

    yes please

    Jay, May 6, 2005
  14. Jay Guest

    > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed

    >> Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a
    >> few times.
    >> hard drive. Not Hard Drive.
    >>
    >> Jay

    > Who gives a shit?
    >
    > If I want to name the computer hardware that way then I fucking will.
    > You see a lot of things in that vast imagination of yours.

    ok you fuckhead... I asked you nicely, next time I *will* kill you!

    Jay, May 6, 2005
  15. A.Poster Guest

    Jay wrote:
    > "A.Poster" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jay wrote:
    >>

    >>>Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a
    >>>few times.

    >>Should we comment each time you use words such as 'coz'?

    > yes please

    OK but we won't mention your lack of capitals and punctuation.

    A.Poster, May 6, 2005
  16. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >>> Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a
    >>> few times.
    >>> hard drive. Not Hard Drive.
    >>>
    >>> Jay

    >> Who gives a shit?
    >>
    >> If I want to name the computer hardware that way then I fucking will.
    >> You see a lot of things in that vast imagination of yours.

    > ok you fuckhead... I asked you nicely, next time I *will* kill you!

    Ok, Dopey.

    You've made a very serious threat through your ISP XTRA.

    Did you ever bother to think what I might choose to do about the threat that
    you've made?
    Only an idiot would not have considered the possible options as a result of
    you choosing to post such a threat against someone.

    Do you work for TVNZ on the Close Up program?

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 6, 2005
  17. Jay Guest

    > "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Jay" <> wrote in message

    >>> Who gives a shit?
    >>>
    >>> If I want to name the computer hardware that way then I fucking will.
    >>> You see a lot of things in that vast imagination of yours.

    >> ok you fuckhead... I asked you nicely, next time I *will* kill you!

    > Ok, Dopey.
    >
    > You've made a very serious threat through your ISP XTRA.
    >
    > Did you ever bother to think what I might choose to do about the threat
    > that you've made?
    > Only an idiot would not have considered the possible options as a result
    > of you choosing to post such a threat against someone.
    >
    > Do you work for TVNZ on the Close Up program?

    Dear oh dear Scrooge.
    You really are a knob with no sense of humour.
    Dear Xtra,
    This post is to inform you that I plan to fly down to Dunedin and kill
    E.Scrooge in the most vile manner possible.
    Once finished I plan to burn his house to the ground and then use his family
    for medical experiments.
    Your loyal subscriber.
    Jay

    Jay, May 6, 2005
  18. Jay Guest

    "A.Poster" <> wrote in message
    > Jay wrote:
    >> "A.Poster" <> wrote in message

    >>>Should we comment each time you use words such as 'coz'?

    >> yes please

    > OK but we won't mention your lack of capitals and punctuation.

    spoil sport!

    Jay, May 6, 2005
  19. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >>> ok you fuckhead... I asked you nicely, next time I *will* kill you!

    >> Ok, Dopey.
    >>
    >> You've made a very serious threat through your ISP XTRA.
    >>
    >> Did you ever bother to think what I might choose to do about the threat
    >> that you've made?
    >> Only an idiot would not have considered the possible options as a result
    >> of you choosing to post such a threat against someone.
    >>
    >> Do you work for TVNZ on the Close Up program?

    > Dear oh dear Scrooge.
    > You really are a knob with no sense of humour.
    > Dear Xtra,
    > This post is to inform you that I plan to fly down to Dunedin and kill
    > E.Scrooge in the most vile manner possible.
    > Once finished I plan to burn his house to the ground and then use his
    > family for medical experiments.
    > Your loyal subscriber.
    > Jay

    You are also the biggest fool that XTRA has ever had.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 6, 2005
  20. Bret Guest

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:36:13 +1200, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >>> ok you fuckhead... I asked you nicely, next time I *will* kill you!

    >> Ok, Dopey.
    >>
    >> You've made a very serious threat through your ISP XTRA.
    >>
    >> Did you ever bother to think what I might choose to do about the threat
    >> that you've made?
    >> Only an idiot would not have considered the possible options as a result
    >> of you choosing to post such a threat against someone.
    >>
    >> Do you work for TVNZ on the Close Up program?

    >Dear oh dear Scrooge.
    >You really are a knob with no sense of humour.
    >Dear Xtra,
    >This post is to inform you that I plan to fly down to Dunedin and kill
    >E.Scrooge in the most vile manner possible.
    >Once finished I plan to burn his house to the ground and then use his family
    >for medical experiments.
    >Your loyal subscriber.
    >Jay

    ROTFL