Paradise/Telstra problems 26/11 7pm...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Mauricio Freitas, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Mauricio Freitas

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    > DNS not resolving hosts, when resolving can't connect...

    I'm having the same problems
    -{-astrae-}-, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Mauricio Freitas

    Peter Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:47:50 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    <> wrote:

    >DNS not resolving hosts, when resolving can't connect...
    >
    >Help Desk number goes direct to disconnect tone :(

    Has TelstraClear's pulling out of a peering arrangement got anything
    to do with it?

    See http://www.aardvark.co.nz for 26 Nov 2003
    Peter, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Mauricio Freitas

    M Guest

    Over the last 2 weeks ive had some wickedly high latency times, to the dns
    and other paradise servers.

    I cant ping anything inside Paradise's network under 200ms with 32byte
    packets, and thats on ADSL! My dialup account could easily beat this.

    Tonight its even worse, 250ms + with dropouts roughtly each 5th request.
    Nornally around 50-60ms no packet loss.

    :(

    M, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Mauricio Freitas

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:09:12 +1300, "M" <>
    wrote:

    >Over the last 2 weeks ive had some wickedly high latency times, to the dns
    >and other paradise servers.
    >
    >I cant ping anything inside Paradise's network under 200ms with 32byte
    >packets, and thats on ADSL! My dialup account could easily beat this.
    >
    >Tonight its even worse, 250ms + with dropouts roughtly each 5th request.
    >Nornally around 50-60ms no packet loss.

    :mad:

    I had a lot of trouble with overseas sites earlier today, plus had problems
    logging in to their webmail yesterday. Not to mention the constant worm attacks
    from the non-patched dimwits.
    Invisible, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Mauricio Freitas

    harry Guest

    -{-astrae-}- wrote:
    >> DNS not resolving hosts, when resolving can't connect...

    > I'm having the same problems

    Yep same throughout the day
    harry, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Mauricio Freitas

    M Guest

    Seems there is a problem btwen telecoms adsl interface and paradise... hmmm,
    they have a network status message on their 0800 number, but nothing on
    paradise's "network information" page... thats useful isnt it.

    M, Nov 27, 2003
  8. "M" <> wrote in message
    > Seems there is a problem btwen telecoms adsl interface and paradise...

    hmmm,
    > they have a network status message on their 0800 number, but nothing on
    > paradise's "network information" page... thats useful isnt it.

    Then it's on TelstraClear side of the things. I'm not using ADSL, and I'm
    not using Telecom. I have a TelstraClear landline and cable modem.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    Mauricio Freitas, Nov 27, 2003