    even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection and
    it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    bad luck?
    Icka, Dec 31, 2007

  2. Icka wrote:
    > My download speed from rapidshare.com seems to level off around 50kb/s,
    > even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection and
    > it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    > bad luck?

    All international connections seem to be throttled at 600kbps (60kBps) for me,
    though speedtests seem to be miraculously exempt.

    No sign of this discount some people say they get either.

    I'm on cable rather than ADSL.

    A similar slingshot/jetbuster ADSL account I was using recently was
    approximately ten times faster.
    Mark Robinson, Jan 1, 2008

  3. Icka

    David Empson Guest

    Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    > Icka wrote:
    > > My download speed from rapidshare.com seems to level off around 50kb/s,
    > > even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection and
    > > it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    > > bad luck?

    > All international connections seem to be throttled at 600kbps (60kBps) for me,
    > though speedtests seem to be miraculously exempt.
    >
    > No sign of this discount some people say they get either.

    I got my $10 credit on the latest account (arrived last week).

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Jan 1, 2008
  4. Icka

    Max Burke Guest

    > David Empson wrote:

    >> Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    >> Icka wrote:
    >> > My download speed from rapidshare.com seems to level off around 50kb/s,
    >> > even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection
    >> > and
    >> > it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    >> > bad luck?

    >> All international connections seem to be throttled at 600kbps (60kBps)
    >> for me,
    >> though speedtests seem to be miraculously exempt.
    >> No sign of this discount some people say they get either.

    My average is 8-12Mbits/sec, with it regularly peeking 13-14Mbits/sec. for
    most downloads and websites.
    As for rapidshare it's more likely their website/servers rather that
    Paradise/TC causing the slowdown.
    I find it's always slow...

    > I got my $10 credit on the latest account (arrived last week).

    $20.00 discount on my monthly bill last week.
    Do you think I should call Paradise and say I my conscience wont let me take
    the $20.00 discount when I'm getting the service I pay for and signed up
    for?

    ;-)

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Jan 1, 2008
  5. Icka

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    Max Burke formulated on Tuesday :

    >> David Empson wrote:

    >>> Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    >>> All international connections seem to be throttled at 600kbps (60kBps)
    >>> for me,
    >>> though speedtests seem to be miraculously exempt.
    >>> No sign of this discount some people say they get either.

    > My average is 8-12Mbits/sec, with it regularly peeking 13-14Mbits/sec. for
    > most downloads and websites.

    How are you getting those speeds when TC's plans only go up to 10Mbps?

    --
    email: fierce,paradise@paradise,nz
    Fierce Guppy, Jan 5, 2008
  6. Icka

    Max Burke Guest

    Max Burke, Jan 6, 2008
  7. Icka

    Icka Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:49:32 +1300, Icka wrote:

    > My download speed from rapidshare.com seems to level off around 50kb/s,
    > even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection and
    > it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    > bad luck?

    Here's something I thought was interesting - I used a download manager
    and did those files start to fly! What usually took 30 minutes came down
    in 5.
    Icka, Jan 7, 2008
  8. In article <47820727$>, Icka did write:

    > On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:49:32 +1300, Icka wrote:
    >
    >> My download speed from rapidshare.com seems to level off around 50kb/s,
    >> even on a Premium account. I downloaded a file on an Xtra connection and
    >> it was around 150kb/s non-RS premium. TC playing silly buggers, or just
    >> bad luck?

    > Here's something I thought was interesting - I used a download manager
    > and did those files start to fly! What usually took 30 minutes came down
    > in 5.

    What were you using before?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 8, 2008