    this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    Adder, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Adder

    EMB Guest

    Adder wrote:
    > is anyone else gettign
    > "Sender address rejected Domain not found" when trying to send mail in
    > paradices smtp server
    >
    > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    That's probably what's happened - some of the other ISPs have done this
    for a long time. Checking the IP range is easy, but forcing people who
    want to use their own domain to sign up for hosting generates more revenue!

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Adder

    Adder Guest

    In article <ctrd1o$6qn$> in nz.comp on Thu, 03 Feb 2005
    09:26:32 +1300, EMB <> says...
    > Adder wrote:
    > > is anyone else gettign
    > > "Sender address rejected Domain not found" when trying to send mail in
    > > paradices smtp server
    > >
    > > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    > That's probably what's happened - some of the other ISPs have done this
    > for a long time. Checking the IP range is easy, but forcing people who
    > want to use their own domain to sign up for hosting generates more revenue!

    its seems to be working Ok now
    Paradises networks seem to have speweed overnight as does happen

    Adder, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Adder

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > is anyone else gettign
    > "Sender address rejected Domain not found" when trying to send mail in
    > paradices smtp server
    >
    > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    I'm on cable in ChCh - according to my logs Paradise went down last
    night at 2:45 to about 4:45. The errors were no authoritive name server
    found. ie *nothing* would work in those conditions.

    No notice from Paradise (it could have been scheduled maintenance).

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Adder

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:12:10 +1300, in message
    <>, Adder wrote:

    > is anyone else gettign
    > "Sender address rejected Domain not found" when trying to send mail in
    > paradices smtp server
    >
    > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    I don't believe it is that. I send email on Paradise, using my Xtra
    email address, and it works. I don't get this error.

    On the other hand, if I try to send an email on Paradise while
    using a munged email address, I get exactly the same error as you.

    _______________
    Technical stuff
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Paradise check the return address in the SMTP envelope,
    not the From address in the email headers. Often these
    two addresses will be the same. However, some email
    clients allow these to be set to different addresses.

    If the email's "From" address is not munged but you still
    get this error, check your email client for another address
    setting (e.g. 'Default Identity') which it may be using
    as a return address in the SMTP envelope.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -- Aldous Huxley

    Ralph Fox, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Adder

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in
    nz.comp on Thu, 03 Feb 2005 07:13:10 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> says...
    > On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:12:10 +1300, in message
    > <>, Adder wrote:
    >
    > > is anyone else gettign
    > > "Sender address rejected Domain not found" when trying to send mail in
    > > paradices smtp server
    > >
    > > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    > I don't believe it is that. I send email on Paradise, using my Xtra
    > email address, and it works. I don't get this error.
    >
    > On the other hand, if I try to send an email on Paradise while
    > using a munged email address, I get exactly the same error as you.

    I dontt use this address t send mail from I dont use this news client to
    send email

    it is an address using a valid domain that does eixist

    Adder, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Adder

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 04:28:13 +1300, in message
    <>, Adder wrote:

    > > > this never happened bfore unless the paradise admins have decided to be
    > > > smartasses and block mail from anyone whos originating adress is not a
    > > > paradise one even though they are dialed up on a pardise connection

    > > I don't believe it is that. I send email on Paradise, using my Xtra
    > > email address, and it works. I don't get this error.
    > >
    > > On the other hand, if I try to send an email on Paradise while
    > > using a munged email address, I get exactly the same error as you.
    > >

    > I dontt use this address t send mail from I dont use this news client to
    > send email
    >
    > it is an address using a valid domain that does eixist

    I know you can check that your From header has a valid domain
    but how are you checking the return address in the SMTP envelope?
    Especially when you get one of these errors?

    I've no idea why you need to tell me that you don't use
    MicroPlanet Gravity v2.50 to send email.

    There are email clients where even though your "From" address
    is not munged, the return address in the SMTP envelope can be
    munged (causing this error). I have no idea whether MPG is
    one of these. Maybe which ever email client you use is one.

    Another possibility consistent with your information is that
    your email address domain is hosted somewhere with @#$%^&*@
    slow name servers, and Paradise's mail server times out waiting
    to validate the domain.

    In any event, Paradise's admins do _not_ block mail from anyone
    whose originating address is not a Paradise one even though they
    are dialled up on a Paradise connection. If Paradise's admins
    did, then I would not be able to send email from my Xtra address
    when dialled up on a Paradise connection.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

    Ralph Fox, Feb 5, 2005
  8. Adder

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in
    nz.comp on Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:24:36 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> says...

    > > > I don't believe it is that. I send email on Paradise, using my Xtra
    > > > email address, and it works. I don't get this error.
    > > >
    > > > On the other hand, if I try to send an email on Paradise while
    > > > using a munged email address, I get exactly the same error as you.
    > > >

    > > I dontt use this address t send mail from I dont use this news client to
    > > send email
    > >
    > > it is an address using a valid domain that does eixist

    > I know you can check that your From header has a valid domain
    > but how are you checking the return address in the SMTP envelope?
    > Especially when you get one of these errors?
    >

    > I've no idea why you need to tell me that you don't use
    > MicroPlanet Gravity v2.50 to send email.

    because I dont have a valid email adderss in my news headers

    and I dont have a combined news andmail client

    > There are email clients where even though your "From" address
    > is not munged, the return address in the SMTP envelope can be
    > munged (causing this error). I have no idea whether MPG is
    > one of these. Maybe which ever email client you use is one.

    no it isnt

    what happened was Pardises whole network fell pver

    Dailup failed as well

    Adder, Feb 5, 2005
  9. Adder

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:12:03 +1300, in message
    <>, Adder wrote:

    > no it isnt
    >
    > what happened was Pardises whole network fell pver
    >
    > Dailup failed as well

    No problems here with the Paradise network.
    Dial-up has been working OK here.
    No problems seen.

    Maybe only your tiny part of Paradise's network?

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.

    Ralph Fox, Feb 5, 2005