    Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    to change their IP address for the upgrade?

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Tony Neville

    Jo Guest

    "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
    > access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
    > point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
    > requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
    > from the same old address.
    >
    > Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have to
    > change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >
    > Tony.

    Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
    billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
    people who dont check it. We had to add ip address usage to the firewall to
    keep on top of horny teenage boys.

    Jo, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Tony Neville

    Ross Dawson Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville <>
    wrote:

    >The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
    >internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
    >(202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
    >due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
    >and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
    >
    >Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    >to change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >
    >Tony.

    Yep, and as happened to you the old address worked with the higher
    speed for quite some time, then one sunny afternoon everything stopped
    dead in its tracks, that's when the real fun began.

    Good luck I hope the change over goes better for you than it did for
    me, it took them 3 days or so to get it working, in the end it was
    discovered I had been issued an ip address for another area of the
    country, change the ip address again and it all worked.

    One thing I will say if the changeover doesn't go smoothly for you is
    keep at them until they recognize there's a problem, because short of
    a reformat we did everything else, and I feel sure that suggestion was
    coming at some point!

    --
    Cheers for now

    Ross Dawson.

    Ross Dawson, Apr 29, 2006
  4. Tony Neville

    thingy Guest

    Tony Neville wrote:
    > The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
    > access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
    > point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
    > requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
    > from the same old address.
    >
    > Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    > to change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >
    > Tony.

    I am waiting to change, last time I was told staying on the same service
    meant I kept the same IP. Before that I was told it got changed, so it
    seems 50/50.

    I am still waiting 6 days later for the call I was promised within 48
    hours to get it swappwd out....so hopefully this week....maybe.....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Apr 29, 2006
  5. Tony Neville

    Tony Neville Guest

    Ross Dawson submitted this idea :
    > On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
    >> Internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
    >> (202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
    >> due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
    >> and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
    >>
    >> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    >> to change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >>
    >> Tony.
    >>

    > Yep, and as happened to you the old address worked with the higher
    > speed for quite some time, then one sunny afternoon everything stopped
    > dead in its tracks, that's when the real fun began.
    >
    > Good luck I hope the change over goes better for you than it did for
    > me, it took them 3 days or so to get it working, in the end it was
    > discovered I had been issued an ip address for another area of the
    > country, change the ip address again and it all worked.
    >
    > One thing I will say if the changeover doesn't go smoothly for you is
    > keep at them until they recognize there's a problem, because short of
    > a reformat we did everything else, and I feel sure that suggestion was
    > coming at some point!

    Where my precious Internet access is concerned, I'll be all over
    Paradise like stink on a rotting carcass should it botch the
    changeover.

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Apr 30, 2006
  6. Tony Neville

    Shane Guest

    Tony Neville wrote:

    > Where my precious Internet access is concerned, I'll be all over
    > Paradise like stink on a rotting carcass should it botch the
    > changeover.
    >
    > Tony.

    LOL talk about an eloquent way with words :)
    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Shane, Apr 30, 2006
  7. Tony Neville

    David Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Tony Neville wrote:

    > The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
    > internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
    > (202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
    > due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
    > and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.
    >
    > Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    > to change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >
    > Tony.

    Changeover hear was very smooth.

    Yes had to change IP but that had min impact - only had to be changed in
    the router config. Technician did that in about 10secs after he installed
    the modem.

    No problems at all since changeover (changed over c. 1 month ago).

    David

    David, Apr 30, 2006
  8. Tony Neville

    Bok Guest

    Tony Neville wrote:
    > The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
    > access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
    > point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
    > requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
    > from the same old address.
    >
    > Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have
    > to change their IP address for the upgrade?

    Yes, I recently changed over from an old 2Mbs/512kbps 5GB plan to a new
    2Mbps/2Mbs plan with 10GB traffic.

    I was changed from a 202.0.47 address to a 203.97.124. I was advised I
    could start using the new address in about 24 hours, but not that the
    old address would stop working.

    I did change to the new IP address and it worked. I also tried the old
    IP address a few days later and it also worked.

    The problem I had and still have is I have received no response to a
    contact I sent to paradise.net almost two weeks ago with some issues
    relating to the IP address change.

    Bok, Apr 30, 2006
  9. Tony Neville

    Bok Guest

    Jo wrote:
    > "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message
    >> The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs internet
    >> access would cease to work from my old IP address (202.0.47.32) at which
    >> point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127) due to some clearnet
    >> requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased and I'm now on 10Mbps
    >> from the same old address.
    >>
    >> Are there any other Paradise cable users here who were told they'd have to
    >> change their IP address for the upgrade?
    >>
    >> Tony.
    >>

    > Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
    > billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
    > people who dont check it.

    Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?

    When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old
    usage meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started
    using the new IP address.

    Bok, Apr 30, 2006
  10. Tony Neville

    Jo Guest

    "Bok" <> wrote in message news:44540abd$...
    >> Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
    >> billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
    >> people who dont check it.

    > Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?
    >
    > When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old usage
    > meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started using
    > the new IP address.

    Its on the telstra website https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/, like
    you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password. Also keep an
    eye on your bill, they may charge you the full month rate for the in between
    time. Since your ip has been changed and the change has gone through then
    your package has been changed.

    Jo, Apr 30, 2006
  11. Tony Neville

    Tony Neville Guest

    Jo submitted this idea :
    > "Bok" <> wrote in message news:44540abd$...
    >>> Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
    >>> billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
    >>> people who dont check it.

    >> Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?
    >>
    >> When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old usage
    >> meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started using the
    >> new IP address.

    > Its on the telstra website https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/, like
    > you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password. Also keep an
    > eye on your bill, they may charge you the full month rate for the in between
    > time. Since your ip has been changed and the change has gone through then
    > your package has been changed.

    I was told I'd be paying for two weeks of "HighSpeed" and two weeks of
    "LightSpeed" Internet, having chosen to upgrade mid billing period.

    Are you sure TelstraClear never e-mailed a password to you? Maybe your
    anti-spam software got trigger happy at the wrong time.

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Apr 30, 2006
  12. Tony Neville

    Bok Guest

    Jo wrote:
    > "Bok" <> wrote in message news:44540abd$...
    >>> Yes, when you change the package, I think it has to do with the ip vs
    >>> billing. The usage meter also changes to an airy fairy thing designed for
    >>> people who dont check it.

    >> Does that get changed at the end of the billing period?
    >>
    >> When I go to the usage section of the web site, I still see the old usage
    >> meter but it doesn't show any usage past the time I first started using
    >> the new IP address.

    > Its on the telstra website https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/, like
    > you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password.

    Thanks for that. You are right they didn't tell me, all I got over the
    phone was a new IP address and there was no follow up email.

    I will ring them again since paradise.net (my ISP) haven't replied to an
    email contact after 2 weeks.

    Bok, Apr 30, 2006
  13. Tony Neville

    David Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:18:27 +1200, Jo wrote:

    > "Bok" <> wrote in message news:44540abd$...

    > you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password. Also keep an
    > eye on your bill, they may charge you the full month rate for the in between
    > time.

    Not a problem.

    Have received our first invoice since being on the new plan. Got a refund
    for un-used days on the old plan. Cost for the first (part) month of the
    new plan was pro-rata'd based on days on new plan (% of month). Full
    charge for the following month.

    User gets a small "win" since got full traffic allowance for the each of
    the two part months.

    David, Apr 30, 2006
  14. Tony Neville

    Jo Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:18:27 +1200, Jo wrote:
    >
    >> "Bok" <> wrote in message

    >> you no one told us, so you need to ring up and get a password. Also keep
    >> an
    >> eye on your bill, they may charge you the full month rate for the in
    >> between
    >> time.

    > Not a problem.
    >
    > Have received our first invoice since being on the new plan. Got a refund
    > for un-used days on the old plan. Cost for the first (part) month of the
    > new plan was pro-rata'd based on days on new plan (% of month). Full
    > charge for the following month.
    >
    > User gets a small "win" since got full traffic allowance for the each of
    > the two part months.

    Maybe they fixed it, we changed over in December and got whacked with a full
    billing month for both, even worse it was changed eight days before it was
    due to cycle over. We were refunded without any problem. I am taking a
    guess, but I presume it was a billing code error as opposed to a human
    error.

    Jo, Apr 30, 2006
  15. Tony Neville

    Rev. 9 11 Guest

    On , , Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:27:26 +1200, Paradise said the 10Mbps
    upgrade required a new IP address., Tony Neville
    <> wrote:

    >The person to whom I spoke at the time said that in about 24hrs
    >internet access would cease to work from my old IP address
    >(202.0.47.32) at which point I had to use the new one (203.97.126.127)
    >due to some clearnet requirement. The odd thing is, access never ceased
    >and I'm now on 10Mbps from the same old address.

    I'm sorry, it must be true as I can't read your post. <g>

    ---

    Rev. 9 11, May 7, 2006