    By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

    Thanks,
    James
    James McLaughlin, Nov 21, 2006

  2. James McLaughlin

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <>,
    James McLaughlin wrote:

    > Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
    > that I can quote when I complain?
    >
    > By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

    The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.

    Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
    international news provider.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Nov 21, 2006

  3. James McLaughlin

    Finch Guest

    I'd highly recommend groups.google.com

    Works for me

    Finch, Nov 21, 2006
  4. James McLaughlin

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, James McLaughlin <> wrote:

    >Hey.
    >
    >Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
    >that I can quote when I complain?
    >
    >By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

    NEVER..

    Mathew Good, Nov 21, 2006
  5. James McLaughlin

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 20 Nov 2006 22:26:42 -0800, in message <>,
    Finch wrote:

    > I'd highly recommend groups.google.com

    I'll stick with my premium NSP.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Nov 21, 2006
  6. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:10:26 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <>,
    >James McLaughlin wrote:
    >
    >> Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
    >> that I can quote when I complain?
    >>
    >> By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

    >The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.
    >
    >Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
    >international news provider.

    I rang the help desk repeatedly last month when this happened. I would
    have been more successful asking our cat. All I got were endless
    excuses. "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"

    So in the end I wrote to the postmaster
    and a week later they rang me to say that they had had problems with
    their international server, had increased their capacity and would
    hope things would be o.k now.

    Obviously nothing has changed. what annoys me is that Paradise never
    had any problems before.

    Can anyone suggest a good ISP that has newsgroups as I have had enough
    of Paradise.

    Alan Keatinge
    Alan Keatinge, Nov 21, 2006
  7. James McLaughlin

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:10:26 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +1300, in message <>,
    > >James McLaughlin wrote:
    > >
    > >> Obviously they're bung again. Has anyone got a previous helpdesk code
    > >> that I can quote when I complain?
    > >>
    > >> By the way, if anyone's looking for a new ISP, skip Paradise.

    > >The Clear/Paradise news server does this every month.
    > >
    > >Apparently it uses up its monthly data cap with its upstream
    > >international news provider.

    > I rang the help desk repeatedly last month when this happened. I would
    > have been more successful asking our cat. All I got were endless
    > excuses. "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"
    >
    > So in the end I wrote to the postmaster
    > and a week later they rang me to say that they had had problems with
    > their international server, had increased their capacity and would
    > hope things would be o.k now.
    >
    > Obviously nothing has changed. what annoys me is that Paradise never
    > had any problems before.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a good ISP that has newsgroups as I have had enough
    > of Paradise.

    You'll be hard pressed - methinks. Paradise/Clear's NG's (at about
    79,800 groups) is the best I've ever found, as far as local ISP's go.
    Just a shame they don't have the capacity from their server to get 'em
    (all).

    I'm pissed off too - was gonna type a reply to a post in
    rec.aviation.soaring re Owen Truelove, but that's one of the groups that
    stopped updating a couple days ago. Pisses me off!!! I just wanted to
    post a nu link on the OGC website (which I host) that I noted the
    webmaster had made...
    http://www.omarama.com/Default.aspx?tabid=257

    But I bloody can't!

    Maybe someone nice here could do it for me? - the Subj is:
    'Gliding accident-NZ' (and it's in rec.aviation.soaring).

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Nov 22, 2006