    Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.

    Alan Keatinge

    Alan Keatinge, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Alan Keatinge

    Max Burke Guest

    > Alan Keatinge scribbled:
    > Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
    > Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    > entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.

    It isn't.

    All the overseas newsgroups I subscribe to havn't had any posts since the
    Friday night - very early Saturday morning.

    NZ newsgroups only showing very few posts....

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Alan Keatinge

    Tony Guest

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, Alan Keatinge <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
    >Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    >entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
    >
    >Alan Keatinge

    No it was not, seems to all come today..

    Tony, Aug 8, 2005
  4. On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, Alan Keatinge
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
    >Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    >entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
    >
    >Alan Keatinge

    I sent them a bunch of Google Groups links from this NG that show the
    same thing happening six times in the last few months.

    I look forward to their response.

    Bye,
    James

    James McLaughlin, Aug 8, 2005
  5. Alan Keatinge

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, in message
     <>, Alan Keatinge wrote:

    > Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
    > Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    > entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
    >
    > Alan Keatinge

    The Paradise/Clear news server appeared to have stopped exchanging
    messages with any other news servers (neither sending nor receiving)
    at around 5am early Saturday morning.

    I rang the help desk Saturday evening about it. It was still
    not working by breakfast Monday (I'd resorted to using my
    Xtra account to read newsgroups over the weekend).

    The helpdesk rang me back this afternoon to say it was now fixed,
    and it is.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 8, 2005
  6. Alan Keatinge

    RdM Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote in
    nz.comp<>:
    > On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:13:13 +1200, in message
    >  <>, Alan Keatinge wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone else having trouble with Paradise news?
    > > Yesterday and this morning this group and NZ General had hardly any
    > > entries. I rang Paradise and they reckon every thing is working O.k.
    > >
    > > Alan Keatinge

    > The Paradise/Clear news server appeared to have stopped exchanging
    > messages with any other news servers (neither sending nor receiving)
    > at around 5am early Saturday morning.
    >
    > I rang the help desk Saturday evening about it. It was still
    > not working by breakfast Monday (I'd resorted to using my
    > Xtra account to read newsgroups over the weekend).
    >
    > The helpdesk rang me back this afternoon to say it was now fixed,
    > and it is.

    I'd posted a message to Quicksilver support via a web form for a change, at
    nearly midnight Sunday, and got this response back at 16:48 Monday.

    "Thank you for your email we were not aware of a problem but I have passed
    this onto our network staff for advice."

    I've replied with the info from your post in the other thread.

    Two or three times now I have phoned their helpdesk re the news server, and
    in each case have been the first one to alert them to an existing problem.
    They're usually grateful to be alerted; I guess it is not monitored, and
    it'll always be users who are the first to notice an outage ...
    --
    RdM

    RdM, Aug 8, 2005