    big cat Guest

    This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.

    Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    big cat, Sep 12, 2005

  2. big cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, in article
    <>, big cat wrote:

    > Subject: Paradise News Server down again..
    >
    > This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    >
    > Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    Hi Roger

    The Paradise news server appears down in the alt.* groups.

    However, there are messages getting through in nz.comp.
    I can read your message on both Paradise and Xtra.

    Ring the Paradise helpdesk and complain. 0800 467 272
    You may need to explain politely to the helpdesk that (a) you
    don't need help with your newsreader client, (b) the problem
    is not with your newsreader client, and (c) they cannot shut
    you up by telling you that they don't support Agent.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Sep 12, 2005

  3. big cat

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, big cat <> wrote:

    >This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    >

    >Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    Did they ever fix it properly the last time? A couple of usually high traffic
    rec.* groups have had bugger all messages since it last fell over.

    Invisible, Sep 12, 2005
  4. big cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:39:51 +0000, in message
     <>, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, in article
    > <>, big cat wrote:

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > > Subject: Paradise News Server down again..
    > >
    > > This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    > >
    > > Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    > Hi Roger
    >
    > The Paradise news server appears down in the alt.* groups.
    >
    > However, there are messages getting through in nz.comp.
    > I can read your message on both Paradise and Xtra.
    >

    > Ring the Paradise helpdesk and complain. 0800 467 272
    > You may need to explain politely to the helpdesk that (a) you
    > don't need help with your newsreader client, (b) the problem
    > is not with your newsreader client, and (c) they cannot shut
    > you up by telling you that they don't support Agent.

    It seems that nz.comp has now failed too.

    My message above never got through from Xtra.
    I have reposted it through Paradise.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Sep 12, 2005
  5. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:23:29 +1200, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, big cat <> wrote:
    >

    >>This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    >>

    >>Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins
    >>

    >Did they ever fix it properly the last time? A couple of usually high traffic
    >rec.* groups have had bugger all messages since it last fell over.

    I look at a rec.* and several sci.* groups, a couple of which are high
    traffic and they did all get back to normal. With the way their
    systems fail that's not to say there aren't still problems with the
    ones you get.

    The other thing that has been stuffed for months is the streaming
    audio. For ages they have had only three of 11 programmes available.
    And like during their usenet stuffups, the "network status" merrily
    carries on reporting no known issues.

    --
    Regards
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Moore, Sep 12, 2005
  6. big cat

    big cat Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:39:51 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, in article
    ><>, big cat wrote:

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> Subject: Paradise News Server down again..
    >>
    >> This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    >>
    >> Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    >Hi Roger
    >
    >The Paradise news server appears down in the alt.* groups.
    >
    >However, there are messages getting through in nz.comp.
    >I can read your message on both Paradise and Xtra.
    >

    >Ring the Paradise helpdesk and complain. 0800 467 272
    >You may need to explain politely to the helpdesk that (a) you
    >don't need help with your newsreader client, (b) the problem
    >is not with your newsreader client, and (c) they cannot shut
    >you up by telling you that they don't support Agent.

    Its gone down again at around 9:45 AM..

    Plus a lot of News Groups are not getting any Traffic..

    big cat, Sep 13, 2005
  7. big cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:23:29 +1200, in message
     <>, Invisible wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, big cat <> wrote:
    >
    > >This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get bad service.
    > >
    > >Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins
    > >

    > Did they ever fix it properly the last time? A couple of usually high traffic
    > rec.* groups have had bugger all messages since it last fell over.

    Give the Paradise helpdesk a call on 0800-467-272, and tell
    them which groups you are having problems with.

    The server certainly isn't consistent across all groups.
    It has not been working in nz.comp today, but in nz.general
    some messages have still been getting through.

    I take it you have already "resynchronized" these groups in case
    this is caused by a server-side article renumber. In Agent, do a
    "Sample headers" with a tick in the box
    [x] Update record of headers that have been retrieved

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Sep 13, 2005
  8. big cat

    Max Burke Guest

    > Ralph Fox scribbled:

    >> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 +1200, big cat <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> This is pissing me off , we pay very high prices here but get
    >>> bad service.

    >>> Just noticed its both ways, outs and ins

    >> Did they ever fix it properly the last time? A couple of usually
    >> high traffic rec.* groups have had bugger all messages since it
    >> last fell over.

    > Give the Paradise helpdesk a call on 0800-467-272, and tell
    > them which groups you are having problems with.

    Working fine for me on all 20 groups I subscribe to, and haven't noticed any
    'lack of posts' to any of them at all for the last couple of weeks..

    However:
    I keep copy of an email Paradise tech support sent me with a trouble ticket
    number about the failure 3 - 4 months ago; I just send it back to them with
    a few choice comments each time....

    I've given up talking to the help desk....

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Sep 13, 2005
  9. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:03:57 +1200, "Max Burke"
    <> wrote:

    <Snip>
    >However:
    >I keep copy of an email Paradise tech support sent me with a trouble ticket
    >number about the failure 3 - 4 months ago; I just send it back to them with
    >a few choice comments each time....
    >
    >I've given up talking to the help desk....

    I've been doing exactly the same thing. I started with comments like
    "Can you please try to fix this?", and now I'm up to "This is weak!".

    JM

    James McLaughlin, Sep 13, 2005
  10. big cat

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:20:20 +1200, in message
     <>, big cat wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:39:51 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >However, there are messages getting through in nz.comp.
    > >I can read your message on both Paradise and Xtra.
    > >

    > >Ring the Paradise helpdesk and complain. 0800 467 272
    > >You may need to explain politely to the helpdesk that (a) you
    > >don't need help with your newsreader client, (b) the problem
    > >is not with your newsreader client, and (c) they cannot shut
    > >you up by telling you that they don't support Agent.

    > Its gone down again at around 9:45 AM..
    >
    > Plus a lot of News Groups are not getting any Traffic..

    True. Did you ring the Paradise helpdesk to report the fault?

    It appears to be back again this morning (Wednesday),
    at least in the groups I have looked at.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Sep 13, 2005
  11. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:13:18 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    <Snip>
    >It appears to be back again this morning (Wednesday),
    >at least in the groups I have looked at.

    I'l give them minor credit - they did fix it more quickly than usual.
    And in the reply to my complaint, they acknowledged that they have a
    problem. Maybe all the moaning is finally getting through.

    Bye,
    JM

    James McLaughlin, Sep 14, 2005
  12. On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:21:13 +1200, James McLaughlin <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:13:18 +0000, Ralph Fox
    ><-echo.invalid> wrote:
    ><Snip>
    >>It appears to be back again this morning (Wednesday),
    >>at least in the groups I have looked at.

    >I'l give them minor credit - they did fix it more quickly than usual.
    >And in the reply to my complaint, they acknowledged that they have a
    >problem. Maybe all the moaning is finally getting through.
    >
    >Bye,
    >JM

    I got a reply from them too. I'll paste it below.

    Stangely mine was addressed to "Dear James"

    Is that you? If so, what passions did you express :)

    begin quote:

    Dear James,

    There is an issue with paradise news server at the moment which we
    trying to solve.
    Our techs are doing there best to solve it as soon as possible.
    Our sincere apologise for your inconvenience and thanks for your
    passions.

    Kind Regards,
    xxxxxxxx

    end quote
    --
    Regards
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Moore, Sep 14, 2005
  13. Re: Paradise news server down again..

    In article <>,
    Malcolm Moore <> wrote:

    >And like during their usenet stuffups, the "network status" merrily
    >carries on reporting no known issues.

    I suppose the network status page gets its status from the network, so
    if the network is down, the status can't be updated. :)

    Can you say "broken as designed" ...?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 15, 2005