    The PPP light on the modem does not come up and connect.

    Help desk say I am the 3rd person to report this issue.

    Using my slow dial up account just now.

    RayC, Dec 29, 2007

  2. RayC

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Unable to connect to Telstraclear broadband using my
    > Paradise.net. account.
    >
    > The PPP light on the modem does not come up and connect.
    >
    > Help desk say I am the 3rd person to report this issue.
    >
    > Using my slow dial up account just now.

    A badly needed haircut got in the way of me phoning Paradise net at 9am, but
    I see that all's good now.

    --
    email: fierce,guppy@paradise,net,nz

    Fierce Guppy, Dec 29, 2007

  3. RayC

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <4776b7dd$>,
    "Fierce Guppy" <> wrote:

    >A badly needed haircut got in the way of me phoning Paradise net at 9am, but
    >I see that all's good now.

    Maybe it was the hair in your eyes that was preventing you seeing that it was
    working?

    But seriously, it was down for quite a while. I could ping the gateway (I'm
    on cable) but no further. Trying from the other side (another ISP via
    dialup), the whole Paradise site seemed to be down.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Dec 30, 2007
  4. RayC

    Jonno Guest

    "Don Hills" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4776b7dd$>,
    > "Fierce Guppy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>A badly needed haircut got in the way of me phoning Paradise net at 9am,
    >>but
    >>I see that all's good now.

    > Maybe it was the hair in your eyes that was preventing you seeing that it
    > was
    > working?
    >
    > But seriously, it was down for quite a while. I could ping the gateway
    > (I'm
    > on cable) but no further. Trying from the other side (another ISP via
    > dialup), the whole Paradise site seemed to be down.
    >
    > --

    According to my machine's records, it went down about 4.00am. On cable in
    Christchurch.
    I've had a couple of times recently where the modem lost contact with the
    ISP. On those occasions I had to reboot the modem to regain connectivity.
    News server must be due to go down again too. ;-)

    Jonno, Dec 30, 2007