    Mailwasher and Outlook.

    Cheers

    JB

    JB, Jun 13, 2004

  2. JB

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >In article <fTTyc.2190$>,
    >_REMOVE says...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs in
    >> Mailwasher and Outlook.

    >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.

    That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.

    Invisible, Jun 13, 2004

  3. "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <fTTyc.2190$>,
    > >_REMOVE says...
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Anyone else having problems with getting mail form Paradise? Time outs

    in
    > >> Mailwasher and Outlook.

    > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.

    > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.

    Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
    go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
    the problem was on their servers.

    A recorded message was up from 4pm saying that their e-mail servers were
    being attended by technicians, who would work hard on Sunday afternoon to
    restore the service (well, just the first half of the message was up,
    really).

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    Mauricio Freitas, Jun 13, 2004
  4. In article <X43zc.2252$>,
    lid says...
    > "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:55:35 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >In article <fTTyc.2190$>,
    > > >_REMOVE says...

    > in
    > > >
    > > >I got rid of Outlook, problems stopped.

    > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.
    > >

    > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
    > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
    > the problem was on their servers.

    But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
    when I changed email program the errors went away.

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 14, 2004
  5. "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <X43zc.2252$>,
    > lid says...
    > > "Invisible" <> wrote in message

    outs
    > > in

    > > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last

    night.

    > > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No

    need to
    > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

    since
    > > the problem was on their servers.

    > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
    > when I changed email program the errors went away.

    Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    Mauricio Freitas, Jun 14, 2004
  6. JB

    JB Guest

    > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No
    > need to
    > > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

    > since
    > > > the problem was on their servers.

    > > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
    > > when I changed email program the errors went away.

    > Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?

    > Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
    > Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

    Hi

    I have been using Outlook and OL Express for years and have no problems with
    any of the mail servers I have been using - just the other night, so no need
    to change mail client - that would be like buying a new PC just because you
    had a stuffed modem!

    Cheers

    JB

    JB, Jun 14, 2004
  7. JB

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:13 +1200, in article
    <>, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > > > That'd be really useful when their mailserver was fecked like last night.
    > > >

    > > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No need to
    > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all, since
    > > the problem was on their servers.

    > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
    > when I changed email program the errors went away.

    Interesting. I had a similar experience, with different client software.
    When I changed from Forté Agent to telnet, the problem went away.

    FYI I used exactly the same POP3 commands with telnet that
    Agent's log window showed Agent had attempted to use.

    Now, which is the more likely explanation?
    • Telnet works better as a POP3 client (even though using the
    exact same POP3 commands).
    • Something happened to the server at around the time when I
    gave up trying to use Agent and started testing with telnet.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

    Ralph Fox, Jun 14, 2004
  8. In article <Db7zc.2320$>,
    lid says...
    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <X43zc.2252$>,
    > > lid says...
    > > > "Invisible" <> wrote in message

    > outs
    > > > in

    > night.
    > > > >

    > > > Simply call the help desk line when this kind of problem happens. No

    > need to
    > > > go and change mail client. As Invisible says, wouldn't help at all,

    > since
    > > > the problem was on their servers.

    > > But I was having heaps of silly errors with outlook on the mail servers,
    > > when I changed email program the errors went away.

    > Were the errors reported during the outage times (Sun 13/6 15:00 - 22:00)?

    No

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 15, 2004